However, the I-T officials have denied giving any confirmation above reports and have said that they will give detailed information of the raids only after completing the five-day search.
Two days after Income Tax raids on VK Sasikala's family came to an end, the jailed AIADMK leader's niece Krishnapriya has stated that the searches were not political and I-T officials were simply doing their duty.
"Sizeable volume of cash and documents have been seized at the searched premises".
The searches were conducted in connection with unexplained routing of cash post-demonetisation through shell companies allegedly connected to Sasikala and her nephew T.T.V. Dinakaran.
The officials also sai that a substantial amount of diamond jewellery whose value is yet not known has been seized and 16 bank accounts have been frozen till now.
"We have found tax evasion of Rs 1,430 crore, as of now".
Total War Saga Thrones of Britannia annoncé sur PC Windows
Il s'agit en fait de jeux spin-off à plus petite échelle qu'un Total War canonique et faisant suite à un épisode majeur. Les développeurs souhaitant ainsi proposer des jeux qui viendraient compléter leurs titres majeures.
"No one was questioned today. The AIADMK's Karnataka unit leader Pugalendhi sought time to appear before us in response to our summons", the official told The Hindu.
The places raided included the residence of M. Natarajan, Sasikala's husband, in Thanjavur; Kodanad Tea Estate belonging to late Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa; Jazz Cinemas, Midas Distilleries, Sharada Paper and Boards, Senthil Group of Companies, Nilgiri Furniture in Coimbatore, Jaya TV, Namadhu MGR and several other premises in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Hyderabad and Bengaluru.
Stating that Rs30 crore of undisclosed income was "detected already", the Chennai-based official said a "lot more materials" are being looked into. The issue of shell companies was a separate matter, he said, but did not elaborate. "Maybe after a few days or [even] months, we could be called again for questioning, and we would answer whatever questions they [ I-T officials] raise".
Sasikala, now serving a jail sentence after conviction for corruption, was a confidante of late Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa and lived with her for decades. The officials also found large-scale immovable assets during the operation.
Several documents pertaining to benami transactions in the names of several household staff have been seized by tax officials.
- Pensioner to stand trial over historic child murder
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho the ideal fit for Barcelona - Ronaldinho
- Shah Rukh Khan celebrates Children's Day on set
- Russian Parliament passes law to introduce foreign agent status for media outlets
- At Least Three Dead, Students Wounded After Shooting At California School
- Call of Duty WW2 launches PC update, reinstates dedicated servers
- Taking a glimpse into Insider Trading at Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated (DBD)
- Old Mutual Wealth to rebrand as Quilter
- How to Watch Australia vs. Honduras