Rose McGowan was released from custody Tuesday after turning herself in for a drug possession charge.
Rose McGowan turned herself in to Virginian authorities on Tuesday for a warrant issued for alleged felony possession of a controlled substance, The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police Department confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police Department obtained the arrest warrant on February 1.
At her first public comments since accusing film producer Harvey Weinstein of rape, McGowan said she has been "silenced for 20 years" but won't remain quiet about sexual assault and harassment.
McGowan had not released a statement about the warrant as of Monday night.
NBC News executive fired amid harassment allegations
Matt Zimmerman, vice president of booking, news and entertainment, was booted from the network Tuesday afternoon. NBC News policy stipulates that such relationships must be disclosed to human resources.
McGowan has been one of the leading voices against sexual harassment in Hollywood.
The Charmed star was under police investigation after two bags of cocaine were found in her purse after it was found on a United Airlines plane. "What a load of HORSES--", she said.
After apparently learning about the charge last month, McGowan, whose name has hit the headlines with the onslaught on Weinstein coverage, tweeted: "Are they trying to silence me?"
Ms McGowan reportedly reached a settlement with Weinstein after a hotel room encounter during the Sundance Film Festival.
- Parents petition to change school's 'crass' sounding mascot
- Apple Watch Can Detect Hypertension And Sleep Apnea
- This giant pink diamond could sell for $30 million at auction
- Madison Square Garden to Sell Its WNBA Franchise
- Creative Assembly Announces Total War Saga Game "Thrones Of Britannia"
- ASSE : Oscar Garcia annonce son départ !
- WATCH Reveals Nominees for "10 Worst Toys" For 2017 Holiday Season
- The Case for and Against The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
- Lawyers seek group suit over alleged Uber sex assaults
- Le Danemark ira en Russie