"Going forward, the House will adopt a policy of mandatory anti-harassment and anti-discrimination training for all Members and staff", Ryan said in a statement. "We will continue our review to make sure the right policies and resources are in place to prevent and report harassment".
The move comes days after the Senate unanimously approved a measure requiring all senators, staff, and interns to be trained on preventing sexual harassment.
"That kind of situation, what are we doing here for women, right now, who are dealing with someone like that?"
The announcement came at the heels of a morning-long House hearing on sexual harassment where some members of Congress brought up concerns about sexual harassment in the legislative branch and reviewed the institutions in place for reporting and addressing such behavior.
She disclosed her own experiences with sexual harassment as a young congressional staffer in a YouTube video last week.
Jaden Smith Performed On Monday's "Late Late Show With James Corden"
The group will sing its hit single "DNA" at the 45th edition of the American Music Awards at Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. It will be broadcast live by ABC.
A Republican congresswoman says she was recently told by a trusted source that a member of Congress exposed himself to a staffer.
Following last week's resounding Democratic sweep in gubernatorial races in Virginia and New Jersey, Ryan said that getting tax reform passed is crucial for Republicans who lack any major legislative victories since President Trump took office nearly 10 months ago. A petition calling for Congress to make training mandatory has gained more than 1,500 signatures from former Hill staffers.
She did not name the lawmakers mentioned in her testimony, citing the non-disclosure agreements she wants to eliminate.
Gloria Lett, counsel for the Office of House Employment Counsel, replied that such discrimination is illegal.
- United Nations dismisses Saudi conditions to reopen Yemen port
- Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' sells a million copies in four days
- Best Known Analyst's Ratings for: Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)
- The Case for and Against The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
- Ben Roethlisberger Already Ripping 'Thursday Night Football' Ahead Of Matchup With Titans
- Zimbabwe: le chef de l'armée met en garde Mugabe
- Rose McGowan surrenders to Virginia police on drug charge
- This giant pink diamond could sell for $30 million at auction
- Mike Pence's National Football League stunt cost Indianapolis police $14000
- Trump Approval Ratings at Around 30 Percent, President Says They're Wrong