New Zealand wicketkeeper BJ Watling is in doubt for the first Test against West Indies as he battles to recover from a hip injury but has been named in a 12-man squad for the Wellington match starting on December 1.
West Indies could face a lively welcome to their tour with the New Zealand A side including three rapid pacemen in Adam Milne, Lockie Ferguson and Scott Kuggeleijn. Watling will be participating against Auckland in a domestic game played today (November 15) as a specialist batsman.
Selector Gavin Larsen has made it clear that he does not want to take a chance on Watling: "He's going well but he's still a bit problematic with his hip".
The next round of Plunket Shield game against Otago, starting next week, is set to be a virtual fitness test for the wicketkeeper.
"It's precautionary at this stage; he'll bat in this game [this week] and we're very hopeful he can wear the gloves in the round five Plunket Shield game".
Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
C’est également le cas de l’attaquant de Liverpool Christian Benteke. C’est ce que vous découvrirez dans cet article.
The 27-year-old Tom Blundell, who made his T20I debut against Bangladesh earlier this year, will probably make his Test debut in his home ground. The two-Test series begins on December 1 at Wellington with the second one being played at Hamilton from December 9.
New Zealand have gone with a pace quartet of Trent Boult, Tim Southee, Neil Wagner and Matt Henry and just a solitary spinner in Mitchell Santner. Colin de Grandhomme has retained his place as the seam-bowling allrounder while Matt Henry is the extra pace bowler behind the established trio of Tim Southee, Trent Boult and Neil Wagner.
With a 12-man New Zealand squad there is place for one more who would be added after the warm up game at Lincoln.
Along with the senior side, the New Zealand "A" squad, which will be captained by Martin Guptill was also announced.
- Japan's growth streak starts to look shakier
- Man rapes friend's infant daughter in Delhi, held
- Fisherman makes rare catch in Ocean City
- Jeff Sessions States That Obama-Era Cannabis Policy Will Remain In Effect
- Oops! Kim K accidentally confims the gender of baby number three
- Nuclear reactors unaffected by magnitude 5.4 natural disaster : KHNP
- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Are Coming To Injustice 2
- Off-duty cop accused of pointing gun at women
- American Jewish Committee decries hateful demonstrators on Poland's Independence Day
- John Barclay says Scotland can't be in awe of All Blacks