According to the Newspaper, The family, however, had confirmed that Ahmed was suffering from insomnia, but they denied any mental illness angle.In November a year ago, the Delhi Police Crime Branch, which was investigating the matter, had stated that it had interrogated an autorickshaw driver that ferried him from JNU to JMI, where he used to live before shifting to the JNU hostel.The case again took a turn when a letter was delivered at the Mahi-Mandvi hostel from Aligarh by a woman, who claimed to have spotted Ahmed.
Fatima Nafees, missing JNU student Najeeb's mother.
On last hearing of the case on October 16, the court said that CBI has been showing "complete lack of interest" in investigating the case.
"The court has heard the submissions of the parties".
Submitted in a sealed envelop, the status report also sought some time to complete the investigation, according to sources. The status report filed reflects the further steps taken by the CBI in the matter.
He also informed the court that the mobile phones of nine people had been seized and sent to the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL), which was yet to provide its report.
Oops! Kim K accidentally confims the gender of baby number three
Instead, the couple agreed to let North film some tutorials just for her family's entertainment so she could "test it out". Kim Kardashian has revealed that she is expecting a baby girl!
He added that considering the sensitive nature of the case, it would be hard for them if the media reported about it.
Senior advocate Colin Gonsalves, appearing for Najeeb's mother, asked why the CBI was not taking anyone into custody to extract information and alleged that it was a political abduction by ABVP students due to which the probe agencies were acting slow.
When the CBI's counsel urged the court to conduct in-chamber proceedings in the matter, the bench said it would consider it on the next date of hearing on December 21.
On this, the court said:"We can not put unnecessary pressure on the probing agency".
Najeeb Ahmad is a M.Sc. Biotechnology student of JNU who disappeared on October 14, 2016.
The Delhi High Court had transferred the case to CBI in May 2017, when the Police and SIT - which was constituted by the order of Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh - could not do make much progress in the case.
- Uhuru wins round one of Supreme Court petition
- Inside Serena Williams' upcoming wedding
- Terex Corporation (TEX) Stake Lessened by Rothschild Investment Corp IL
- Boeing, Emirates commit to 40 787-10 Dreamliners
- Lithia Motors (NYSE:LAD) Earning Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Report Shows
- Japan's growth streak starts to look shakier
- Jeff Sessions States That Obama-Era Cannabis Policy Will Remain In Effect
- New Zealand announce squad for West Indies Test series
- Nuclear reactors unaffected by magnitude 5.4 natural disaster : KHNP
- India smartphone shipments hit record 39 mln units in Q3