(Express Photo) Mukul Roy after meeting the Governor on Tuesday.
On the surface it may seem like much ado over a logo, but an innocuous blue globe with the Bengali alphabet "ba" embossed on it in fluorescent yellow has suddenly turned into a matter of slugfest between the West Bengal government and BJP leader Mukul Roy, who recently switched over to the saffron party from Trinamool Congress.
The notice demanded that Mr. Roy "forthwith cease and desist from making or circulating any defamatory comments, statement and/or causing publication of the same in any media" against Abhishek Banerjee and threatened to initiate civil and criminal proceedings against Mr. Roy. On November 10, Roy had alleged that Abhishek Banerjee, nephew of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, owned "Biswa Bangla", and it was not a government entity. Mr Sinha had said that Mamata Banerjee had created the Biswa Bangla logo and transferred it to the state government.
Flipkart Phone Billion Capture+ to Go on Sale Wednesday, Launch Offers Detailed
Consumers can also get upto 60% off on Flipkart Smartbuy accessories and 20% additional discount on Billion's range of products. It has a 5.5-inc full-HD (1080x1920 pixels) display with 2.5D Dragontrail glass on top and a 401ppi pixel density.
Roy has also alleged that Abhishek had approached the trademark registration authorities and has registered the Trinamool Congress' party electoral symbol - two flowers sticking out of grass - as his own.
Soon after Roy's allegations, the West Bengal government marshalled its two senior bureaucrats to counter the BJP leader's claims.
West Bengal government on Saturday iterated that the Biswa Bangla Marketing Corporation is totally owned by it and is not a private entity. Mr Roy said he has also written to the Department of Personnel and Training regarding the statement given by the officers of the state government. "It is a government company", Rajiva Sinha, secretary to the state MSME and textile departments had said. "Any department of the state government can use it".
- Acquires 88310 Shares of Enterprise Products Partners LP (EPD)
- Estee Lauder Companies, Inc
- Vikings GM Wants Greg Olsen Off Fox Broadcast
- Texas State Sophomore Dies After Fraternity Initiation Ceremony
- Peru locals put curse on the All Whites
- Le message de Nicolas Sarkozy qui l'a fait craquer — Carla Bruni
- Jason Momoa Says He's a 'Degenerate', Not a Role Model
- Ex-CFL, Cowboys tryout failure, charged in wife's gruesome murder
- Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC Increases Holdings in Inogen, Inc (NASDAQ:INGN)
- Brixmor Property Group Inc. (BRX)