(Express Photo) Mukul Roy after meeting the Governor on Tuesday.
On the surface it may seem like much ado over a logo, but an innocuous blue globe with the Bengali alphabet "ba" embossed on it in fluorescent yellow has suddenly turned into a matter of slugfest between the West Bengal government and BJP leader Mukul Roy, who recently switched over to the saffron party from Trinamool Congress.
The notice demanded that Mr. Roy "forthwith cease and desist from making or circulating any defamatory comments, statement and/or causing publication of the same in any media" against Abhishek Banerjee and threatened to initiate civil and criminal proceedings against Mr. Roy. On November 10, Roy had alleged that Abhishek Banerjee, nephew of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, owned "Biswa Bangla", and it was not a government entity. Mr Sinha had said that Mamata Banerjee had created the Biswa Bangla logo and transferred it to the state government.
Texas State Sophomore Dies After Fraternity Initiation Ceremony
In her email, Trauth stated she has suspend all activities of fraternities and sororities until a review has been completed. Ellis is the second Texas State student to die since the winter of 2016 after attending an off-campus Greek event.
Roy has also alleged that Abhishek had approached the trademark registration authorities and has registered the Trinamool Congress' party electoral symbol - two flowers sticking out of grass - as his own.
Soon after Roy's allegations, the West Bengal government marshalled its two senior bureaucrats to counter the BJP leader's claims.
West Bengal government on Saturday iterated that the Biswa Bangla Marketing Corporation is totally owned by it and is not a private entity. Mr Roy said he has also written to the Department of Personnel and Training regarding the statement given by the officers of the state government. "It is a government company", Rajiva Sinha, secretary to the state MSME and textile departments had said. "Any department of the state government can use it".
- CH Robinson Worldwide Inc
- Q3 2018 EPS Estimates for Hologic, Inc. (HOLX) Raised by Jefferies Group
- Jason Momoa Says He's a 'Degenerate', Not a Role Model
- Edmonton Oilers acquire sniper Mike Cammalleri from Kings
- John Travolta accused of sexual battery of male massage therapist
- Arrested UCLA players returning from China
- PSG-Troyes programmé sur C8 le 29 novembre
- First four months of FY18: trade deficit widens to $12.1 billion
- 49ers' Marquise Goodwin appreciates flood of support
- Zacks Investment Research Downgrades Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) (GS) to Hold