But certainly the president should put her on immediate suspension, pending the outcome of a very serious investigation.
Qoma said Brown's protection had also extended to Eskom's chief financial officer, Anoj Singh. "But to think that she's allowed to carry on as minister of public enterprises is not only mind boggling, it makes no business sense whatsoever", she said.
"Minister Brown's "I was lied to", "I didn't know" strategy is a public admission of incompetence".
Long before he was officially suspended, Koko was courting controversy at the parastatal.
But the Gupta brothers were called to inform them of the decision and they called Brown, who in turn called Ngubane and ordered him not to do it, Qoma added.
Qoma said Khoza agreed fairly readily that it should be done, but cautioned that former chairman Ben Ngubane had also wanted to move against Koko but was blocked by the minister.
Lewis Hamilton Comparing 2018 F1 Cars To NASCAR Racers Is Bit Dramatic
Under the current rules drivers are restricted to four engines per season in an effort to cut costs. "So heavy. We should be able to push more. "It was nice, normally you're managing it [all the time]".
In a statement tabled at the inquiry on Tuesday, Qoma said Khoza, at the same June 17 meeting, had also explained to him "the extent to which she [Brown] was captured" and took instructions from the Guptas.
He said Khoza conceded that he had "called one of the G [Gupta] brothers" and that this prompted Brown's intervention.
"He says to me because Minister Brown is captured, Minister Brown reports to the Guptas and then he tells me about the new board members".
According to Khulani Qoma: "Her (Brown's) DG is captured, her PA is captured, obviously her lover's interest at Eskom, and then you have Transnet, Eskom and Denel people who are captured".
Referring to Koko's appointment as acting Eskom CEO in November previous year, Qoma said it had nearly made him go back on his decision to join the electricity supplier.
"The DA is gravely concerned about the current state of Eskom's finances, as it is quite clear that the rife corruption and mismanagement at the power utility has resulted in this dire deterioration of its finances", Mazzone said in a separate statement on Tuesday. Koko has been a central figure in the state capture allegations heard at the Parliamentary inquiry.
- Fear the Walking Dead Season 4 Casts The Gifted's Garret Dillahunt
- Itau Unibanco Holding Breaks Below 200-Day Moving Average - Notable for ITUB
- Investors Buy Eli Lilly and Company (LLY) on Weakness After Insider Selling
- Children Of Any Age Can Hunt In Wisconsin
- Zendaya To Star In Reese Witherspoon-Produced Film 'A White Lie'
- American Legion Post holds Veterans Day ceremony
- Roy Halladay remembered: Memorial today in Florida
- Emirates Announces Commitment for 40 Boeing 787-10s
- Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG) Expected to Post Earnings of -$0.03 Per Share
- DC-area small businesses are hiring