A man was shot and wounded by security personnel when he tried to slip into the high-security Indian Air Force (IAF) base at Hindon here in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Wednesday. Kumar has been admitted to hospital.
Sujit - the man in question - is a resident of Uttar Pradesh's Pratapgarh. The Intelligence Bureau alert speaks about a specific threat to the Hindon air base which is situated in Ghaziabad.
As he ignored the warnings by security personnel to stop, he was shot in the left leg in order to immobilise him, SHO of Sahibabad police station Rakesh Kumar Singh said.
Further details are awaited.
He has been staying in the Anand Vihar locality for past three years. He was preparing "to take a ride" on one of the planes at the air base, he said.
Government backs tech sector and launches innovation drive
It is hoped the stimulus will reduce the threat of startups leaving the United Kingdom and ensure that talent is not dissuaded from departing .
Investigations are being conducted to find if the man is having any links to any terrorist outfit.
Sujeet was first spotted around the Hindon airbase at around 10.30 pm on Tuesday.
First, he tried to enter the airbase area through one of the gates, but after being warned by the guards, he resorted to scaling the fence.
After this incident, the security around the airbase has been beefed up.
"His mobile phone is being screened. A police team is being sent there to get more details".
- Pensioner to stand trial over historic child murder
- A cliff-edge Brexit could have 'semi-catastrophic effects' for Aston Martin
- CdM 2018 : les chapeaux pour le tirage !
- Daily Telegraph 'Brexit mutineers' front page has backfired, say MPs
- Nicki a tenté un audacieux "Minaj à trois"
- Rs 1430 crore seized by IT department from Sasikala's properties
- TalkTalk dives into the red as it pushes to attract new customers
- New Duster SUV revealed in Renault form
- Weather Forecast: Dry today, rain and snow tomorrow
- Singer finally reveals its 500-HP Porsche monster