And, this time it's no space junk that was mistaken for a meteorite last month and disappointed many sky gazers.
This annual meteor shower gets its name from the constellation Leo, where its meteors appear to originate.
Skywatchers, take note: The Leonid meteor shower will peak this week.
Viewers can expect to see around 10 to 20 meteors per hour, NASA reports, and you won't need a telescope to see them either. It is responsible for some of the most intense meteor storms in history, with meteors recorded as falling at rates as high as 50,000 per hour.
PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (The) (PNC) Position Lifted by Rhumbline Advisers
Following the completion of the sale, the insider now owns 20,449 shares in the company, valued at approximately $2,801,104.02. The stock was sold at an average price of $138.85, for a total transaction of $625,519.25. (The) news, insider Karen L.
With winter fast approaching, there aren't many weekends left to enjoy the outdoors without a heavy coat and a warm cup of coffee, which is why you should start making plans right now to see the Leonid meteor shower this weekend.
The Dubai Astronomy Group has organized an event open for public to observe the breath-taking celestial phenomenon from Friday evening until early morning on Saturday.
According to Hassan Al Hariri, CEO of Dubai Astronomy Group, visibility of the shower this year will be excellent, as there will be a new moon on November 18. It was popularly known as the northern Taurid meteor as they had better views from the Northern Hemisphere. "Meteors might be visible a few days before and after the peak". The location will only be disclosed to those who register.
- 'LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2' Now Available
- The Case for and Against General Motors Company (GM)
- Stock Trend Analysis Report: Juniper Networks, Inc. (JNPR)
- Patterson Companies (PDCO) Position Increased by Olstein Capital Management, Lp
- Cards Against Humanity Takes Aim At Trump With New Promotion
- Helperby Therapeutics develops sustainable solution for antibiotic resistance
- Vail postpones Opening Day due to lack of snow
- Suspect charged in Mall of America attack; survivors have deep wounds
- ANZ And Cuscal Customers: You Can Get Eftpos On Android Pay Now
- Fashion retailer Forever 21 reports payment card security breach