Actor Keith Barron has died at the age of 83, it has been confirmed.
'He is survived by his wife Mary to whom he was married for 58 years and his son, Jamie, also an actor'.
But it was Duty Free where he garnered his reputation as a much-loved star.
Set in Spain, Duty Free ran for three series from 1984 until 1986 with Barron starring as lead David Pearce.
L'anthropologue Françoise Héritier est morte
Féministe reconnue et respectée, Françoise Héritier a beaucoup travaillé sur la distinction entre féminin et masculin. Françoise Héritier est morte, ce mercredi 15 novembre, 84 ans après sa naissance, précisément le même jour.
In 2014, he toured with fellow original cast members Taylor and Stacy in a stage version of Duty Free.
Mr Barron's many credits included appearances in Coronation Street as George Trench in the late 2000s, on ITV drama Where the Heart Is and, most recently, as Nigel Banks, the father of the title character in ITV's detective drama DCI Banks.
On the big screen, one of Keith's most notable roles was in 1975 movie The Land That Time Forgot - a film adaptation of the 1924 novel of the same name by Edgar Rice Burroughs - in which he appeared alongside Doug McClure and John McEnery.
He also had appearances in A Touch Of Frost and The Odd Man.
- Les premiers sont attendus mardi — Mini-Transat
- Weather Forecast: Dry today, rain and snow tomorrow
- Singer finally reveals its 500-HP Porsche monster
- Milton Keynes train passengers urged to make small talk to save lives
- Cristina Cordula victime d'un canular: quelqu'un se fait passer pour elle! (vidéo)
- Grandparents 'may pose cancer risk' to children, scientists warn
- New Duster SUV revealed in Renault form
- Harcèlement sexuel sur le plateau des "Frères Scott"
- HTC has presented a VR-helmet with 6 levels of freedom
- Daily Telegraph 'Brexit mutineers' front page has backfired, say MPs