Skipper John Barclay says Scotland must not be overawed by New Zealand when they take on the world champions at Murrayfield on Saturday and pointed to their win over Australia in June as evidence they can match the top sides in the world on their day.
"Yes we have to do a bit of homework, but if we sit back and talk about them and how fantastic they are, we have no chance".
"I think if we sit back and are in awe or are inspired by a team then something's probably quite drastically wrong with our mindset".
"We have to go and play with intent, be aggressive and try to impose ourselves on them as well", Barclay said.
Barclay believes Scotland can take heart from their gritty 24-19 win over Australia in Sydney in June, feeling that result had since been put into perspective.
"That was a pretty good performance". They face Australia on November 25.
"We played well over there".
Scotland beat the Wallabies 24-19 in their tour of Australia in June
"We still have 80 minutes of rugby to play. That was the main thing and those will be the key things this weekend".
The All Blacks arrived in Scotland on Wednesday after narrowly beating a France XV in Lyon on Tuesday.
And last year's defeat by Ireland in Chicago - their first to the Irish - also offers encouragement, according to winger Lee Jones.
"The coaches have had a long time to prepare for these three matches and have looked at New Zealand over a long period - the matches they played in the Rugby Championship, the match against Ireland", Jones told the BBC.
"There are themes they have pulled out and presented to us that they feel will mean opportunities".
"It will be very tough but if we can look at those opportunities and make the majority then that is where we will be successful".
Steve Hansen's two-time reigning World Cup winners will be a daunting test for Gregor Townsend's side after conceding five tries in a thrilling 44-38 win over Samoa on Saturday.
Killers, Chainsmokers, Kendrick Lamar top 2018 Hangout lineup
To stay up to date with Hangout Fest and any announcements or lineup changes, follow them on Twitter , Instagram or Facebook . Starting November 16, Hangout will offer an EZ Pay option allowing fans to pay in four monthly installments.
- Stock Alert- MannKind Corporation (NASDAQ:MNKD)
- Nuclear reactors unaffected by magnitude 5.4 natural disaster : KHNP
- Les Australiens sont pour le mariage homosexuel
- Kevin Lilliana of Indonesia wins Miss International 2017
- India smartphone shipments hit record 39 mln units in Q3
- Aden airport receives first commercial flight after Yemen blockade
- Airport prepares for massive crowds for Thanksgiving weekend
- RSI Alert - Ballard Power Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: BLDP)
- American Jewish Committee decries hateful demonstrators on Poland's Independence Day
- Diego Maradona est triste pour l'Italie