The economy is in its longest period of expansion since 2001.
The statistics, which are preliminary and seasonally adjusted, contrast with a revised 2.6 percent growth rate in the previous quarter.
That was shy of expectations for a gain of 0.4% and down from 0.6% in the second quarter.
However, the figure represented a slowdown from the previous quarter where gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 0.6 percent as a recovery in private consumption could not maintain its momentum. In annualized terms, it fell 1.8 percent.
Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria SA (BBVA) Is It Worthy for Investors?
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, (BME BBVA) traded down €0.03 ($0.03) during trading hours on Monday, hitting €7.10 ($8.26). As of the end of the quarter Pittenger & Anderson Inc had disposed of a total of 2,825 shares trimming its stake by 5.9%.
All in all, Japan's economy has been doing well lately, mainly on the back of surging exports including smartphone parts and memory chips.
"The bigger picture is that wages are not rising any faster this year than they did last year even though the labor market has continued to tighten", Capital Economics said in a recent report.
Economists expect growth to slow in 2018-2019, partly because of limits to factory, logistics and hiring capacity and partly because of a sales tax hike promised for October 2019.
- RSI Alert - Ballard Power Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: BLDP)
- Nuclear reactors unaffected by magnitude 5.4 natural disaster : KHNP
- Oops! Kim K accidentally confims the gender of baby number three
- Amber Heard will not label her sexuality
- Off-duty cop accused of pointing gun at women
- Premier League survival is Newcastle's goal, says Jonjo Shelvey
- India smartphone shipments hit record 39 mln units in Q3
- Jeff Sessions States That Obama-Era Cannabis Policy Will Remain In Effect
- Grève de ce jeudi 16 novembre: s'informer sans s'inquiéter
- Terex Corporation (TEX) Stake Lessened by Rothschild Investment Corp IL