The economy is in its longest period of expansion since 2001.
The statistics, which are preliminary and seasonally adjusted, contrast with a revised 2.6 percent growth rate in the previous quarter.
That was shy of expectations for a gain of 0.4% and down from 0.6% in the second quarter.
However, the figure represented a slowdown from the previous quarter where gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 0.6 percent as a recovery in private consumption could not maintain its momentum. In annualized terms, it fell 1.8 percent.
American Jewish Committee decries hateful demonstrators on Poland's Independence Day
Kaczynski went on to suggest that the racist manifestations were a "provocation". "History shows that racial hatred must be dealt with quickly and decisively".
All in all, Japan's economy has been doing well lately, mainly on the back of surging exports including smartphone parts and memory chips.
"The bigger picture is that wages are not rising any faster this year than they did last year even though the labor market has continued to tighten", Capital Economics said in a recent report.
Economists expect growth to slow in 2018-2019, partly because of limits to factory, logistics and hiring capacity and partly because of a sales tax hike promised for October 2019.
- Premier League survival is Newcastle's goal, says Jonjo Shelvey
- John Barclay says Scotland can't be in awe of All Blacks
- Nandi Awards: Mohanlal wins best supporting actor award for Janatha Garage!
- Wholesale inflation hits 6-month high due to food
- Inside Serena Williams' upcoming wedding
- Aden airport receives first commercial flight after Yemen blockade
- India smartphone shipments hit record 39 mln units in Q3
- Jeff Sessions States That Obama-Era Cannabis Policy Will Remain In Effect
- RSI Alert - Ballard Power Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: BLDP)
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria SA (BBVA) Is It Worthy for Investors?