The economy is in its longest period of expansion since 2001.
The statistics, which are preliminary and seasonally adjusted, contrast with a revised 2.6 percent growth rate in the previous quarter.
That was shy of expectations for a gain of 0.4% and down from 0.6% in the second quarter.
However, the figure represented a slowdown from the previous quarter where gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 0.6 percent as a recovery in private consumption could not maintain its momentum. In annualized terms, it fell 1.8 percent.
Premier League survival is Newcastle's goal, says Jonjo Shelvey
While Newcastle are facing a daunting task, Shelvey is excited by the prospect. That's our main goal, and then to build a platform and go on from there.
All in all, Japan's economy has been doing well lately, mainly on the back of surging exports including smartphone parts and memory chips.
"The bigger picture is that wages are not rising any faster this year than they did last year even though the labor market has continued to tighten", Capital Economics said in a recent report.
Economists expect growth to slow in 2018-2019, partly because of limits to factory, logistics and hiring capacity and partly because of a sales tax hike promised for October 2019.
- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Are Coming To Injustice 2
- Rainbow Six Siege free play weekend starts tomorrow
- Off-duty cop accused of pointing gun at women
- India smartphone shipments hit record 39 mln units in Q3
- American Jewish Committee decries hateful demonstrators on Poland's Independence Day
- Oops! Kim K accidentally confims the gender of baby number three
- Terex Corporation (TEX) Stake Lessened by Rothschild Investment Corp IL
- Amber Heard will not label her sexuality
- Blasts Heard in Zimbabwe Capital as Army Denies Takeover
- John Barclay says Scotland can't be in awe of All Blacks