In the afternoon, police laid siege to Abi Guzar area in uptown Srinagar and adjoining areas after the Mirwaiz and Malik addressed a joint press conference outside JKLF office and chose to stage the sit-in against the "reign of terror" by troops and the ill treatment to Kashmiri prisoners in jails within and outside the state.
The Hurriyat leaders and activists were arrested when they arrived at the head office of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front, which Malik heads, to lead a protest march at Lal Chowk against the Indian state's atrocities.
Both the leaders, Mirwaiz and Malik, were arrested with dozen of supporters and lodged in Kothi Bagh police station.
According to IANS, the two leaders addressed a joint press conference at the JKLF office earlier where Farooq said the continuing harassment of people in south Kashmir by security forces in the name of operations against militants was condemnable.
Extreme McLaren hypercar set for December 10 unveiling
The British manufacturer is hailing the now unnamed hypercar as the most extreme, track-orientated road auto it has produced. Described by its maker as the "ultimate track-concentrated McLaren", the BP15 is legally entitled to wear license plates.
Earlier, the resistance leaders called for a complete shutdown on November 27.
Syed Ali Gilani addressed the gathering inside Jamia Masjid Abi Guzar in Srinagar over phone from his Hyderpora residence.
They also criticised Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti for saying that some people were first stoking agitations and later lining up for administrative favours."This statement proves she has no connect with the ground realities", they alleged.
- VW Raided by German Prosecutors Over Labor Chief's Pay
- Wenger: I could manage an global team
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- The Analytic Investors LLC Has $30487000 Stake in Campbell Soup Co. (CPB)
- Chelsea to sell Willian and buy a different Brazilian winger
- 'Get Out' is a comedy according to the Golden Globes
- Titanic Gets 20th Anniversary Theatrical Re-Release
- Difficult People Cancelled by Hulu
- Expedia, Inc. (EXPE) Rating Lowered to Neutral at Bank of America Corporation
- Loblaw ties up with Instacart to launch home deliveries