He noted the ASEAN and the European Union are already developing anti-terror cooperation through information sharing via Interpol and Europol and the exchange of best practices on dealing with violent extremism.
The president said the ASEAN leaders adopted and noted a number of declarations, statements, and action plans across the three pillars of the ASEAN Community, and on ASEAN's relations with dialogue partners, "which reflect our desire for greater cooperation in addressing a multitude of concerns facing the region and our people".
The two countries signed four agreements as Modi and Duterte held their first bilateral summit in Manila on the sidelines of the Asean summit and the PM strongly pitched for a rules-based regional security architecture, reflecting a growing convergence among India, the U.S. and Japan over the need to deal with China's intent to dominate the region. "We are working towards a strategic partnership to encompass not only trade, investment and sectoral cooperation but also more security cooperation", the state-run Philippine News agency quoted European Council president Donald Tusk as saying.
Both Mr. Modi and Mr. Li had chit-chat on Sunday also during a gala dinner hosted by Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte. However, several Asean members including Vietnam, the Philippines and Brunei have counter claims.
Amid Hints of Special Counsel, Hillary Aides Push Trump Focus
They dismissed questions over Uranium One and the Steele dossier as a partisan witch hunt. Comey talked more than he should", he said. "He was the investigator, not the prosecutor".
"We have committed to transforming India into a global manufacturing hub.We want to make Indians job makers, not job seekers".
India has been supporting freedom of navigation and access to resources in the SCS in accordance with principles of worldwide law, including the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea. "And tensions and radicalization in the Asia-Pacific can destabilize the world well beyond your region", Tusk said in his remarks at the ASEAN-EU 40th anniversary commemorative summit.
"I look forward to a befitting culmination of the commemorative year and receiving you at the India-Asean Special Commemorative Summit on January 25 in New Delhi", Modi said. All the 10 Asean leaders will be chief guests at the 2018 Republic Day celebrations.
- Trump Hints at 'Major' Announcement on North Korea, Trade, Following Asia Trip
- Backpackers found dead in Cambodian hostel
- Media companies hit with bribery claims at Federation Internationale de Football Association corruption trial
- 'Irrational Exuberance' May Rule the Roost in Stock Markets
- Marc Wilmots prends la porte — Côte d'Ivoire
- George Takei Apologizes for Joking About Groping Men in Howard Stern Interview
- Analyst predicts the iPhone's home button will soon disappear
- Une compagnie aérienne du Koweït commande 25 A320neo — Airbus
- Les prix des personnages revus à la baisse — Battlefront II
- Corey Feldman names second alleged sexual abuser