The coveted Jimbo Fisher.
As far as anyone knows, Kevin Sumlin still is Texas A&M's football coach.
According to Dan Wolken of USA Today, Texas A&M has discussed a plan to gauge the interest level of Jimbo Fisher in leaving Florida State to join the Aggies. While Fisher has shot down rumors that he could leave FSU the past two years, a source told Wolken that his relationship with Texas A&M athletic director Scott Woodward and the disgusting season the Seminoles are having could be factors this offseason. But at 6-4 and with losses in three of its last four Southeastern Conference matchups - all three coming at home - the thinking is that Sumlin's tenure is over even if the Aggies win their remaining two games against MS and LSU.
However, Fisher did secure a national title in 2013 and led the Seminoles to three ACC titles in a row from 2012-14.
Zimbabwe: le chef de l'armée met en garde Mugabe
Au Zimbabwe, les langues commencent à se délier au sein de l'armée, longtemps restée à la botte du président Robert Mugabe. Plusieurs autres personnes ont également témoigné mardi sur les réseaux sociaux l'avoir vu.
Still, there are signs of distress in Tallahassee. Along with the fact that the Seminoles are only 3-6 this season, USA Today sources indicate it might not be that hard to convince Fisher to coach at A&M.
If Fisher were to leave FSU, he would owe the school at least $7 million in payment for assistant coaches and other football personnel still under contract.
Texas A&M recently opened a new $20 million football facility and spent $485 million on renovations to Kyle Field.
But the Aggies haven't even fired their current coach, putting them behind Tennessee, which parted ways with Butch Jones on Sunday after five seasons and also reportedly is interested in Fisher. And FootballScoop.com, which closely covers the college football coaching industry, reported that more than one coach told them that Fisher would be "willing to listen" to the Volunteers.
- HTC dévoile son premier casque VR autonome — Vive Focus
- Le Danemark ira en Russie
- Parents petition to change school's 'crass' sounding mascot
- Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' sells a million copies in four days
- Madison Square Garden to Sell Its WNBA Franchise
- Advance Auto Parts jumps after profit beat
- Ben Roethlisberger Already Ripping 'Thursday Night Football' Ahead Of Matchup With Titans
- GoCompare Rejects GBP460 Million Approach From ZPG
- GameStop temporarily halts unlimited used games program
- NBC News executive fired amid harassment allegations