A Massachusetts State Police colonel abruptly retired Friday amid accusations a trooper was forced to alter an arrest record for a judge's daughter to avoid embarrassing them.
On Tuesday Lieutenant Colonel Francis Hughes submitted his retirement paperwork, days after Colonel Richard D. McKeon, the agency's top dog, did the same.
Trooper Ryan Sceviour filed a lawsuit stemming from an incident in October, when he arrested Alli Bibaud on drunk driving charges in Worcester. Both troopers named McKeon and did indicate a "number of John/Jane Does" in their respective filings.
Bibaud, who was reportedly severely intoxicated and in possession of heroin on the night of her October 16 arrest in Worcester on Interstate 190, allegedly told arresting trooper Ryan Sceviour about her father being a judge and that she had performed sex acts in exchange for the drugs he was confiscating.
Bibaud was arrested last month after she allegedly plowed her auto into another vehicle while driving on Interstate 190 in Worcester and subsequently flunked a series of field sobriety tests.
RSI Alert - Ballard Power Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: BLDP)
In terms of Buy, Sell or Hold recommendations, Ballard Power Sys (NASDAQ: BLDP ) has analysts' mean recommendation of 2.4. However, -5.26% over the last one month, 71.73% for the last quarter and year to date performance stands at 194.55%.
During her arrest, Bibaud allegedly said: "My dad's a [expletive] judge".
The head of Massachusetts' Public Safety Office said Monday he has nothing to do with an altered police report at the center of a lawsuit filed against State Police. "As such, Deputy Superintendent Francis Hughes today retired from the State Police after a 31-year career".
The retirement is routine, according to a statement released by David Procopio, a state police spokesman.
In a statement, state police said Hughes "served honorably in numerous postings, including almost 20 years in the Gang Unit, an important period at the State Police Academy, and several years as a deputy commander in the Division of Investigative Services". He is a past recipient of the Trooper George L. Hanna Medal of Honor for Bravery and the Trooper of the Year Award.
- Opponents failed to produce sufficient evidence against Sharif family: Abid
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria SA (BBVA) Is It Worthy for Investors?
- Unum Group (UNM) Getting Positive Media Coverage, Report Finds
- The Rathbone Brothers plc Has $31273000 Stake in Pfizer Inc. (PFE)
- Milton Santa Claus Parade celebrates 150 years of Christmas Sunday
- Killers, Chainsmokers, Kendrick Lamar top 2018 Hangout lineup
- Airport prepares for massive crowds for Thanksgiving weekend
- CVS Health Corporation (CVS) Earns "Hold" Rating from Robert W. Baird
- Callon Petroleum (CPE) Earns Daily Coverage Optimism Rating of 0.11
- Kevin Lilliana of Indonesia wins Miss International 2017