Alexandre Lacazette bagged a brace as France drew 2-2 with world champions Germany in an global friendly on Tuesday evening. The goal was scored by Arsenal's Alexandre Lacazatte, but it was created by the skill and quick feet of Manchester United's Anthony Martial.
Timo Werner would later equalise for the Germans, only for Lacazette to get a second with little under 20 minutes remaining.
France, who topped their qualifying group ahead of Sweden, looked risky during the opening exchanges as teenager Kylian Mbappe stretched the German defence and tested Kevin Trapp with a low shot at the near post.
France eventually broke the deadlock in the 33rd minute as Martial unselfishly teed up Lacazette for the simple tap-in from close range, 1-0.
L'Espagne accrochée en Russie après un match spectaculaire — Amical
L'Espagne se déplaçait en Russie ce soir pour y affronter l'équipe hôte du prochain Mondial. Les spectateurs de Saint-Pétersbourg auront vu du spectacle.
Germany had a chance before half-time when Ozil picked out Sandro Wagner, but the Hoffenheim forward shot straight at goalkeeper Steve Mandanda.
However, with only seconds left to play of stoppage time, Ozil laid a pass with the outside of his left boot to Gotze, who helped the ball on into the right side of the France penalty area.
The world champions introduced Lars Stindl for Emre Can in the 83rd minute as they pushed for an equaliser.
- Best Known Analyst's Ratings for: Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)
- Parents petition to change school's 'crass' sounding mascot
- Imagine Florida State's Jimbo Fisher coaching Texas A&M ... Report says Aggies interested
- Baker returning to Legislature with new opioid bill
- Trump Approval Ratings at Around 30 Percent, President Says They're Wrong
- Minnesota deer harvest up 10 percent from previous year
- Bryan Cranston Says Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey Deserve a 'Second Chance'
- United Nations dismisses Saudi conditions to reopen Yemen port
- Apple Watch Can Detect Hypertension And Sleep Apnea
- Fleetwood boosts Race to Dubai hopes as Jamieson secures Nedbank lead