He, however, promised to give everything during the DP World Tour Championship that starts at the Jumeirah Golf Estate's The Earth course from Thursday.
In its ninth year, this tournament is the final stop of the European Tour calendar where players are vying for the championship title, as well as the Race to Dubai crown.
The Masters champion is approximately 1,070,000 points behind leader Tommy Fleetwood and 800,000 behind Justin Rose and, like most, he suspected that left him needing a miracle to storm the English party.
This year, Garcia technically stands a chance to win his maiden Race to Dubai title but he is not so optimistic about putting his hands on the Harry Vardon Trophy.
Defending champion Matt Fitzpatrick is in the field this week after he won this tournament previous year with a birdie at the 72nd hole.
World number six Rose only needs to finish sixth, if he is ahead of Fleetwood, in the 60-strong DP World Tour Championship field to secure the Race to Dubai spoils.
Buffett Adds More Apple, Reduces IBM Stake by Another Third
The Berkshire Hathaway quarterly SEC filing (13F) showed the balance as more than $177 billion of September 30. Buffett cut the Charter Communications stake by about 10%, selling 954,100 shares in the quarter.
Jon Rahm - The world #5 was announced as the 2017 European Tour Rookie of the Year after a phenomenal season which included his Irish Open win in the Rolex Series as well as his first PGA Tour title at the Farmers Insurance Open in January. "I'm happy finishing second, third or fourth or whatever I finish at the end of the week (Sunday)". I think they have narrowed a lot of the fairways from past year. It doesn't really bother me.
"I sat down with my team and had a discussion about what was going on in my game and figured out that I needed to drive it better and that's made a massive difference", said Fitzpatrick. I can't control what the other people do.
However, there is a big end of season bonus awaiting players who make it in to the top 10 in the Race to Dubai rankings, with anyone in the top 45 still having a chance to take a share in the five million dollar Race to Dubai bonus bool.
Justin Rose is the closest challenger to Tommy Fleetwood this week. But I'm fine with it, I can live with it.
Garcia can triumph through the backdoor if he wins the DP World Tour Championship, Rose finishes fifth or lower and Fleetwood finishes outside of the top 20. "It has been a great year and that's not going to change".
- Parents petition to change school's 'crass' sounding mascot
- The Case for and Against The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
- Vikings DE Brian Robison nominated for Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award
- Lawyers seek group suit over alleged Uber sex assaults
- United Nations dismisses Saudi conditions to reopen Yemen port
- Wasatch Advisors Inc Decreases Its Holdings in Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE) Stock
- Paul Ryan orders mandatory sexual harassment training for members, staff
- Imagine Florida State's Jimbo Fisher coaching Texas A&M ... Report says Aggies interested
- Ben Roethlisberger Already Ripping 'Thursday Night Football' Ahead Of Matchup With Titans
- Do You Own Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE:RAD) Shares?