United States regulators have approved the first pill that can be digitally tracked through the body.
For the record, the newly developed Abilify MyCite will not able to track real-time medicine ingestion, but this technology is likely to revolutionize healthcare infrastructure with more and more advancements in the field of digital technology.
The agency says the digitally enhanced medication "works by sending a message from the pill's sensor to a wearable patch". Patients can allow their caregivers and physician to access the information through a web-based portal.
"We need to ensure right from the start of such innovations that there is clear evidence of their benefit and of safeguards against abuses, such as potential for adverse patient reactions, and the risk of invasion of patient privacy", she said.
Mitchell Mathis, from the FDA Centre for Drug Evaluation and Research, said whether the digital pill would increase patient compliance with medication had not been studied.
Scottish Labour interim leader steps down over misconduct claims
Rowley took over leadership of the party in August this year after former leader Kezia Dugdale reigned. The father of three grown-up children is described as representing the left-wing of the Labour Party.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has reportedly approved a pill that is endowed with a unique digital tracking device.
In Australia, Abilify is used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia and mania in bipolar disorder.
The permit has been granted to Abilify MyCite's Japanese maker Otsuka Pharmaceutical, while the sensor technology and patch are made by Californian medical technology business Proteus Digital Health.
"Consumers already manage important tasks like banking, shopping and communicating with friends and family as they go about their daily lives", he said.
"This technology can help enable individuals with serious mental illness to engage with their care team about their treatment plan in a new way".
- Weather Forecast: Dry today, rain and snow tomorrow
- Grandparents 'may pose cancer risk' to children, scientists warn
- Total War Saga Thrones of Britannia annoncé sur PC Windows
- Nicki a tenté un audacieux "Minaj à trois"
- HTC has presented a VR-helmet with 6 levels of freedom
- Shah Rukh Khan celebrates Children's Day on set
- United Kingdom supreme court rules minimum alcohol pricing is legal
- Premier Foods Posts 1.5% Increase In Revenue In H1
- New Duster SUV revealed in Renault form
- EBay Matching Other Retailers' Black Friday Deals