Clothing store Forever 21 said Tuesday that it received a report from a third party that suggested there may have been unauthorized access to data from payment cards that were used at certain stores.
"We immediately began an investigation of our payment card systems and engaged a leading security and forensics firm to assist us", the company told BuzzFeed News in a statement.
The company said its investigation is focused on card transactions in Forever 21 stores from March through October.
Forever 21 said only certain point of sale devices in certain stores were affected when the encryption on those devices was not operating.
Penserra Capital Management LLC Buys 2178 Shares of Henry Schein, Inc. (HSIC)
The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at the SEC website . Traders are a little more bearish on Henry Schein Inc recently if you take note of the uptick in short interest.
The company hasn't shared which locations were affected citing that the investigation was going on and that the complete findings could not be shared.
"Forever 21 operates more than 815 stores in 57 countries, with retailers in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Mexico, the Philippines and the United Kingdom".
It advises customers to keep a close eye on their credit- and debit-card statements and notify their bank or card issuer if any unauthorized charges pop up on them.
- Warwick Davis is coming to Disney's 'Star Wars: Galactic Nights'
- Stock Trend Analysis Report: Juniper Networks, Inc. (JNPR)
- Suspect charged in Mall of America attack; survivors have deep wounds
- Hannity: I'm Giving Away 500 Keurigs To Fans Who Want 'Apolitical Joe'
- Yokozuna Harumafuji suspected of assaulting wrestler
- Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Now Resists Your Fumbling Water Spills & Dust Particles
- Fear the Walking Dead Season 4 Casts The Gifted's Garret Dillahunt
- Minister Lynne Brown 'captured' by the Guptas, #EskomInquiry hears
- Cat declawing ban passes unanimously in Denver
- Shakira cancels European tour after suffering vocal cord haemorrhage