Clothing store Forever 21 said Tuesday that it received a report from a third party that suggested there may have been unauthorized access to data from payment cards that were used at certain stores.
"We immediately began an investigation of our payment card systems and engaged a leading security and forensics firm to assist us", the company told BuzzFeed News in a statement.
The company said its investigation is focused on card transactions in Forever 21 stores from March through October.
Forever 21 said only certain point of sale devices in certain stores were affected when the encryption on those devices was not operating.
Emirates Announces Commitment for 40 Boeing 787-10s
Boeing Co . has inked a deal to sell four 777 freighters to Ethiopian Airlines , a purchase valued at $1.3 billion. Azerbaijan Airlines has ordered five Boeing 787-8 aircraft and also chose to purchase two large freighters.
The company hasn't shared which locations were affected citing that the investigation was going on and that the complete findings could not be shared.
"Forever 21 operates more than 815 stores in 57 countries, with retailers in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Mexico, the Philippines and the United Kingdom".
It advises customers to keep a close eye on their credit- and debit-card statements and notify their bank or card issuer if any unauthorized charges pop up on them.
- Karl Lagerfeld sparks outrage with Holocaust comments
- U.S. inflation expectations edge up: New York Fed survey
- Hannity: I'm Giving Away 500 Keurigs To Fans Who Want 'Apolitical Joe'
- Cat declawing ban passes unanimously in Denver
- Jordin Sparks announces pregnancy after secret marriage to Dana Isaiah
- Penserra Capital Management LLC Buys 2178 Shares of Henry Schein, Inc. (HSIC)
- Fear the Walking Dead Season 4 Casts The Gifted's Garret Dillahunt
- Porter Jr sits out #Mizzou game vs Wagner
- Cards Against Humanity Takes Aim At Trump With New Promotion
- Yokozuna Harumafuji suspected of assaulting wrestler