Clothing store Forever 21 said Tuesday that it received a report from a third party that suggested there may have been unauthorized access to data from payment cards that were used at certain stores.
"We immediately began an investigation of our payment card systems and engaged a leading security and forensics firm to assist us", the company told BuzzFeed News in a statement.
The company said its investigation is focused on card transactions in Forever 21 stores from March through October.
Forever 21 said only certain point of sale devices in certain stores were affected when the encryption on those devices was not operating.
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Now Resists Your Fumbling Water Spills & Dust Particles
You're limited to green lighting, but you can still create lighting effects like ripples and waves. What do you think of the latest mechanical gaming keyboard from Razer?
The company hasn't shared which locations were affected citing that the investigation was going on and that the complete findings could not be shared.
"Forever 21 operates more than 815 stores in 57 countries, with retailers in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Mexico, the Philippines and the United Kingdom".
It advises customers to keep a close eye on their credit- and debit-card statements and notify their bank or card issuer if any unauthorized charges pop up on them.
- Patterson Companies (PDCO) Position Increased by Olstein Capital Management, Lp
- Collomb veut rassurer, Wauquiez s'inquiète — Terrorisme
- Helperby Therapeutics develops sustainable solution for antibiotic resistance
- Hannity: I'm Giving Away 500 Keurigs To Fans Who Want 'Apolitical Joe'
- U.S. inflation expectations edge up: New York Fed survey
- Yokozuna Harumafuji suspected of assaulting wrestler
- Stock Trend Analysis Report: Juniper Networks, Inc. (JNPR)
- DC-area small businesses are hiring
- Fear the Walking Dead Season 4 Casts The Gifted's Garret Dillahunt
- Penserra Capital Management LLC Buys 2178 Shares of Henry Schein, Inc. (HSIC)