Clothing store Forever 21 said Tuesday that it received a report from a third party that suggested there may have been unauthorized access to data from payment cards that were used at certain stores.
"We immediately began an investigation of our payment card systems and engaged a leading security and forensics firm to assist us", the company told BuzzFeed News in a statement.
The company said its investigation is focused on card transactions in Forever 21 stores from March through October.
Forever 21 said only certain point of sale devices in certain stores were affected when the encryption on those devices was not operating.
Lonmin plc (LON:LMI) Given Hold Rating at Peel Hunt
Shares of NEXT plc ( LON NXT ) traded up GBX 4 ($0.05) on Thursday, reaching GBX 4,328 ($56.92). The stock now has a consensus rating of Hold and an average price target of GBX 332.11 ($4.37).
The company hasn't shared which locations were affected citing that the investigation was going on and that the complete findings could not be shared.
"Forever 21 operates more than 815 stores in 57 countries, with retailers in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Mexico, the Philippines and the United Kingdom".
It advises customers to keep a close eye on their credit- and debit-card statements and notify their bank or card issuer if any unauthorized charges pop up on them.
- Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Now Resists Your Fumbling Water Spills & Dust Particles
- Cat declawing ban passes unanimously in Denver
- Alliancebernstein LP Adjusts Its Investment in Alliant Energy Corp (LNT) Last Quarter
- ANZ And Cuscal Customers: You Can Get Eftpos On Android Pay Now
- Hannity: I'm Giving Away 500 Keurigs To Fans Who Want 'Apolitical Joe'
- Cards Against Humanity Takes Aim At Trump With New Promotion
- Yokozuna Harumafuji suspected of assaulting wrestler
- Helperby Therapeutics develops sustainable solution for antibiotic resistance
- Collomb veut rassurer, Wauquiez s'inquiète — Terrorisme
- Suspect charged in Mall of America attack; survivors have deep wounds