Lovullo, who is the seventh manager to win the award in his first season as a manager, guided the Diamondbacks to a 93-69 season-a 24-win improvement from 2016.
Under Molitor and Lovullo, the Twins made their first postseason since 2010, and the D-backs made their first playoffs since '11. Roberts was one of five managers to receive first-place votes this year - Lovullo (18 first-place votes), Roberts (five), Black (three), Milwaukee's Craig Counsell (three) and Washington's Dusty Baker (one).
How's that for a rookie campaign? The Diamondbacks would fall to the Los Angeles Dodgers in the first round, but the team did a complete 360 to its win total from the 2016 year. Kirk Gibson won it in 2011 and Bob Melvin won it in 2007.
Le Danemark ira en Russie
Thomson Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. Enfin, Nicklas Bendtner parachevait la démonstration des Danish Dynamite à la dernière minute (90', 1:5).
In the American League, Twins skipper Paul Molitor won the honor.
FILE - These are 2017 file photos showing Torey Lovullo, left, Bud Black, center and Dave Roberts. It was the first time a team had lost 100 games and then reached the playoffs in the very next season. The other: Frank Robinson, who was AL Manager of the Year for the Orioles in 1989.
Molitor received 18 first-place votes, six second-place votes, and four third-place votes. The AL favorites are Minnesota's Paul Molitor, Cleveland's Terry Francona, and Houston's A.J. Hinch. Third-place finisher A.J. Hinch of the Astros had one first-place vote, 13 second-place votes, and 12 third-place votes. New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi finished in fourth place in his final season with the ballclub.
Molitor won the honor Tuesday in voting by members of the Baseball Writers' Association of America.
- This giant pink diamond could sell for $30 million at auction
- Best Known Analyst's Ratings for: Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)
- Minnesota deer harvest up 10 percent from previous year
- Lawyers seek group suit over alleged Uber sex assaults
- Parents petition to change school's 'crass' sounding mascot
- Bryan Cranston Says Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey Deserve a 'Second Chance'
- Martin O'Neill: Republic of Ireland manager to discuss future
- Germany Draw 2-2 Against France with Late Equaliser from Lars Stindl
- Wasatch Advisors Inc Decreases Its Holdings in Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE) Stock
- Shares now unchanged at $17.68 (BDN) Brandywine Realty Trust Prices $100.0…