Confidence among small businesses, in an upswing since last November's elections, hit its highest point in more than a decade earlier this year, according to the conservative-leaning small-business lobby.
Dow Jones - Optimism among United States small-business owners inched up in October, according to a report Tuesday, as more owners said they expect better sales in the months ahead and believe it is a good time to expand their operations. "In the nearer term, they are more optimistic about real sales growth and improved business conditions through the end of the year".
"Owners became much more positive about the economic environment last month, which suggests a longer-run view", said Bill Dunkelberg, chief economist of the NFIB.
Ms Ford said the business mentors, who provide the advice to small and medium sized businesses (SMEs), believe as many as two-thirds of businesses need help, support and advice, and more than 90 percent need help to make the most of social media.
Razer shares rise 41% on Hong Kong market debut
As reported by CNBC , the company went public earlier today and offered up around 1.06 billion primary shares. It released its first smartphone on November 1.
The group's Small Business Optimism index increased to103.8 from 103 in September.
The NFIB survey is a monthly snapshot of USA small businesses, which account for most private-sector jobs and about half of the country's economic output.
Of the 10 segments the NFIB survey analyses, five of them were down in October compared with the prior month, while four of the categories improved and one remained unchanged, the NFIB said. Outlook for expansion and sales expectations each shot up six points and job openings rose by five points. At the same time, a net 18 percent of owners said they plan to increase staffing. At a net negative 5 percent, more owners said current inventories were too high rather than too low.
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) Closes at $212.63, Overpriced by -21.9%
- Children Of Any Age Can Hunt In Wisconsin
- Jordin Sparks announces pregnancy after secret marriage to Dana Isaiah
- Ouverture des ports et aéroports au Yémen
- Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG) Expected to Post Earnings of -$0.03 Per Share
- Associação presidida por António Costa também fez jantar no Panteão Nacional
- Zendaya To Star In Reese Witherspoon-Produced Film 'A White Lie'
- Roy Halladay remembered: Memorial today in Florida
- Karen Murray Buys 62500 Shares of Sequential Brands Group, Inc. (SQBG) Stock
- Investors Buy Eli Lilly and Company (LLY) on Weakness After Insider Selling