Asked if there might be a way back "for the Weinsteins and Spaceys of this world", Cranston mused: "It would take time, it would take a society to forgive them and it would take tremendous contrition on their part".
Spacey, 58, is now facing multiple allegations of sexual misconduct after Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp accused the Oscar-winner of making inappropriate sexual advances towards him when he was only 14 in an October BuzzFeed article. I think in the face of it, we should let that open.
As a response to the charges, Weinstein and his representatives stated he "unequivocally denies" all of them and believed his relationships were consensual.
Buffett Adds More Apple, Reduces IBM Stake by Another Third
The Berkshire Hathaway quarterly SEC filing (13F) showed the balance as more than $177 billion of September 30. Buffett cut the Charter Communications stake by about 10%, selling 954,100 shares in the quarter.
If both disgraced men "put in the work", and are "truly sorry" for what they did, "it would be up to us to determine, case by case, whether the person deserves a second chance". Sexual predator behavior is not a Hollywood problem. We shouldn't close it off and say, 'To hell with him, rot and go away for the rest of your life.' Let's be bigger than that.
He added that instead of ostracizing these individuals entirely, society should "leave it open for the few that can make it through that gauntlet of trouble and who have reclaimed their life and their dignity and respect for others".
The House of Cards star has faced multiple allegations of sexual harassment after Star Trek: Discovery actor, Anthony Rapp, accused Spacey of coming onto him when he was 14.
- Best Known Analyst's Ratings for: Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)
- The Case for and Against The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
- Minnesota deer harvest up 10 percent from previous year
- Rose McGowan surrenders to Virginia police on drug charge
- Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' sells a million copies in four days
- Défense européenne: le cheval de Troie polonais
- Lawyers seek group suit over alleged Uber sex assaults
- ASSE : Oscar Garcia annonce son départ !
- Do You Own Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE:RAD) Shares?
- Paul Ryan orders mandatory sexual harassment training for members, staff