Asked if there might be a way back "for the Weinsteins and Spaceys of this world", Cranston mused: "It would take time, it would take a society to forgive them and it would take tremendous contrition on their part".
Spacey, 58, is now facing multiple allegations of sexual misconduct after Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp accused the Oscar-winner of making inappropriate sexual advances towards him when he was only 14 in an October BuzzFeed article. I think in the face of it, we should let that open.
As a response to the charges, Weinstein and his representatives stated he "unequivocally denies" all of them and believed his relationships were consensual.
Vikings DE Brian Robison nominated for Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award
The award was created in 2014 in honor of Pittsburgh Steelers Founding Owner and Pro Football Hall of Fame member Art Rooney, Sr . The latter quality has been just as inherent in Robison as the instincts that helped him make the play.
If both disgraced men "put in the work", and are "truly sorry" for what they did, "it would be up to us to determine, case by case, whether the person deserves a second chance". Sexual predator behavior is not a Hollywood problem. We shouldn't close it off and say, 'To hell with him, rot and go away for the rest of your life.' Let's be bigger than that.
He added that instead of ostracizing these individuals entirely, society should "leave it open for the few that can make it through that gauntlet of trouble and who have reclaimed their life and their dignity and respect for others".
The House of Cards star has faced multiple allegations of sexual harassment after Star Trek: Discovery actor, Anthony Rapp, accused Spacey of coming onto him when he was 14.
- Wasatch Advisors Inc Decreases Its Holdings in Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE) Stock
- Paul Ryan orders mandatory sexual harassment training for members, staff
- The Case for and Against The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
- More digital screen time increases depression among teens
- Advance Auto Parts jumps after profit beat
- Rose McGowan surrenders to Virginia police on drug charge
- Tax plan in Congress will benefit wealthy
- Parents petition to change school's 'crass' sounding mascot
- Apple Watch Can Detect Hypertension And Sleep Apnea
- Ben Roethlisberger Already Ripping 'Thursday Night Football' Ahead Of Matchup With Titans