Tensions for the game are further increased by the Steelers-Titans rivalry that dates back to the 1970s when the Steelers and then-Houston Oilers played in the AFC Central. It's still unclear if either player will be able to play Thursday night against the Tennessee Titans.
In a normal NFL week where games are on Sunday, Sherman says that by Thursday, a football player's body is not yet fully recovered.
Roethlisberger said players need a full week to recover, describing Thursday games as "miserable" and "terrible". A short turn around looks to be coming at a bad time for the Steelers after a number of players picked up injuries on Sunday. It's so tough on guys, you're beat, you're banged up.
"Both teams are going through it, so I'm not just speaking on ours", Roethlisberger said.
Lightning Acquire Louis Domingue From Coyotes
McGinn, who suited up for 18 games with the Coyotes in 2014-15, last played in the National Hockey League during the 2015-16 season.
There is nothing like having a short week to prepare not just for a game against a team that is in a first-place tie in their division, but throw on top of that a team with a defensive coordinator who knows a little bit about your offense, and will throw everything including the kitchen sink at you. I don't know many players that like it.
Ben Roethlisberger joined us on The #1 Cochran Ben Roethlisberger Show to talk about winning ugly and how it was good to come out with a win it that situation as opposed to what happened when they went into Chicago earlier this year. "But we've got to do what the league says". As understandable as his points are, the league probably isn't going to just get rid of Thursday night games any time soon. Have thoughts on how the Titans and Steelers are performing? Their O/U trends are 5-1 in their last 6 games following a win, 6-2 in their last 8 games overall, 13-5-1 in their last 19 games following an ATS loss, 5-2 in their last 7 games on the grass and vs. AFC, and 4-1 in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a winning home record. It's not that he's wrong, it's that he's focused too much on the problems with the game instead of just accepting that he needs to deal with something that's really beyond his control as an individual player.
Game day. This is what you live for.
- Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' sells a million copies in four days
- Toll in Iran-Iraq natural disaster rises to 530
- Creative Assembly Announces Total War Saga Game "Thrones Of Britannia"
- NBC News executive fired amid harassment allegations
- Suspect shot & killed during struggle with a Baton Rouge Police officer
- Twitter account that demonised Muslim woman was Russian fake
- Zimbabwe: le chef de l'armée met en garde Mugabe
- WATCH Reveals Nominees for "10 Worst Toys" For 2017 Holiday Season
- Cops: Rochester mom admitted to drowning 10-day-old
- Le siège parisien perquisitionné — Lafarge