Jeanine Quist, an administrative assistant with the Corning Union Elementary School District said that a number of students were shot and wounded, but no one was killed at the school.
"That evolved to multiple victims and multiple shots at the school, the elementary school", he told Action News Now, a TV news channel in Northern California.
A six year-old child with two gunshot wounds was reportedly transported by helicopter to a hospital. The shooter himself has been killed by police and several victims are now being treated at a local hospital.
Taking a glimpse into Insider Trading at Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated (DBD)
Strs Ohio reported 0% stake. (NYSE:DBD) from a hold rating to a sell rating in a research note issued to investors on Tuesday. In related news, SVP Alan Kerr purchased 2,750 shares of the business's stock in a transaction dated Friday, November 3rd.
Johnston said officials did not have an accurate count of the total number of people injured in the shooting that unfolded across at least seven locations. A woman driving the truck was also shot; all three are being treated.
Mr Johnston said police were alerted to the shooting at around 8am local time (4pm GMT). Mercy Dignity Health confirmed that the hospital has received three patients.
More than 100 law enforcement officers were on scene. There are just four teachers on staff; each teaches at least two grades, according to the school newsletter.
Students at Rancho Tehama Elementary are being evacuated to the Rancho Tehama Recreation Hall. California Gov. Jerry Brown issued a statement in the wake of the shooting: "Anne and I are saddened to hear about today's violence in Tehama County, which shockingly involved schoolchildren".
- Greggs unveils its first-ever Advent calendar
- Boeing, Emirates commit to 40 787-10 Dreamliners
- Mondial 2018: Honduras accuse l'Australie de l'espionner avec un drone
- LeBron James partners with Ohio State again for special t-shirt
- DHS, FBI describe North Korea's use of FALLCHILL malware
- Japan's growth streak starts to look shakier
- Inside Serena Williams' upcoming wedding
- Lindsay Arnold Gets Emotional After Sustaining Injury on DWTS
- The Salesforce.com Inc. (CRM) Stock Rating Reaffirm by Morgan Stanley
- Najeeb's disappearance: CBI submits status report, asks for more time