Citing a source with firsthand knowledge of the investigation, ESPN reported the players could be in Hangzhou for "a week or two" while the situation is resolved.
Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott said early Tuesday that the Bruins players, detained November 7, are on a plane bound for Los Angeles, adding that the "matter has been resolved to the satisfaction of the Chinese authorities".
The three basketball players from the University of California, Los Angeles, were detained by police on November 7 in the eastern Chinese city of Hangzhou over allegations of shoplifting.
Arriving the day after the players were arrested, Trump reportedly raised the players' predicament during his visit to Beijing. But a few days before the game, the players were accused of stealing sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store near their hotel. He said the trio, who had been held since last week, could have faced long prison sentences. The rest of the team flew home afterwards.
As previously shared, the three were in China for a game against Georgia Tech.
Flipkart Phone Billion Capture+ to Go on Sale Wednesday, Launch Offers Detailed
Consumers can also get upto 60% off on Flipkart Smartbuy accessories and 20% additional discount on Billion's range of products. It has a 5.5-inc full-HD (1080x1920 pixels) display with 2.5D Dragontrail glass on top and a 401ppi pixel density.
Chinese authorities told the Post that the charges have been downgraded and the case against them is on a fast track toward resolution.
"It's a very, very rough situation with what happened to them", Trump said.
The elder Ball has become a media personality by aggressively promoting his sons as future National Basketball Association superstars and had travelled to China on the trip to promote his Big Baller Brand shoe and apparel line. "After Trump raised the matter, Xi promised to look into the case and ensure that the players be treated fairly and expeditiously, said a USA official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation".
- 49ers' Marquise Goodwin appreciates flood of support
- People Magazine Names 'This Is Us' Men the Sexiest Cast Alive
- What Does Insider Trading Tell Us About The Kraft Heinz Company (KHC)?
- Zacks Investment Research Downgrades Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) (GS) to Hold
- Catawba County Church Fire Ruled As Case Of Arson
- $2.63 EPS Expected for Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM)
- Eicher Motors Q2 net profit jumps 25% YoY
- Leonid meteor shower: SC to have excellent visibility for this celestial spectacle
- Estee Lauder Companies, Inc
- Positive Media Coverage Somewhat Unlikely to Affect Cisco Systems (CSCO) Stock Price