The call to action comes after a large demonstration filled with neo-Nazi and white supremacist rhetoric that took place in Warsaw on Saturday, the country's Independence Day. The event, which was organized by far-right groups under the "We want God" slogan, was described as one of the biggest nationalist gatherings in Europe in recent years.
"While the joyous 99th anniversary of Polish Independence was appropriately celebrated in ceremonies led by President Duda, the day was seriously marred by hateful, far-right throngs that threaten the core values of Poland and its standing overseas", said Agnieszka Markiewicz, Director of AJC's Warsaw-based Central Europe office.
The annual nationalist march was met with smaller counter-protests.
Interior Minister Mariusz Blaszczak called the large demonstration "a lovely sight", adding that "we are proud that so many Poles have chose to take part in a celebration connected to the Independence Day holiday".
Kevin Lilliana of Indonesia wins Miss International 2017
Pilipinas beauty pageant in 2013 where she was able to join the Top 15, with Ariella Arida emerging as the victor . Other winners are 4th Runner-up Japan, 3rd Runner-up Australia, 2nd Runner-up Venezuela and 1st Runner-up Curacao.
While some Polish ministers condemned the scenes, others spoke about the "beautiful" march, as masked men made "Sieg Heil" salutes, called for a "white Europe" and urged authorities to "remove Jewry from power". The gathering was "a great celebration of Poles united around the common values of freedom and loyalty to an independent homeland", the ministry said.
"This is a unsafe march instigated by extremists and racists...."
The leader of the ruling Law and Justice party, Jaroslaw Kaczynski, also said that were only "unfortunate incidents" at the rally, adding that it was nothing but a "marginal problem".
Agnieszka Markiewicz, the director of the American Jewish Committee's Warsaw office, said: "The apparent tolerance for purveyors of hate by some Polish government officials is particularly troubling". Kaczynski went on to suggest that the racist manifestations were a "provocation". "History shows that racial hatred must be dealt with quickly and decisively".
- Amazon offers early discounts for Alexa users
- Callon Petroleum (CPE) Earns Daily Coverage Optimism Rating of 0.11
- Diego Maradona est triste pour l'Italie
- Dubai Airshow 2017: Boeing forecasts $730bn Middle East aviation market
- The South Carolina health department marks the first flu death this season
- EPS Forecast Revision Scan: Altria Group, Inc. (MO)
- Airport prepares for massive crowds for Thanksgiving weekend
- RSI Alert - Ballard Power Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: BLDP)
- Opponents failed to produce sufficient evidence against Sharif family: Abid
- Milton Santa Claus Parade celebrates 150 years of Christmas Sunday