On top of performance, the company promises a new sleek interface that promotes intelligent browsing.
Firefox 57 for the desktop is available for download now on Firefox.com, and all existing users should be able to upgrade to it automatically. You can download the final version today for free from Mozilla for the web, Android, and iOS.
"Firefox Quantum is over twice as fast as Firefox from 6 months ago, built on a completely overhauled core engine with brand new technology stolen from our advanced research group, and graced with a attractive new look created to get out of the way and let you do what you do best: surf a ton of pages, open a zillion tabs, all guilt free because Firefox Quantum uses less memory than the competition", boasts Mozilla senior vice president Mark Mayo.
People have noticed that Firefox is fast again.
Nul en sexe oral, une escort lui tire 2 balles dans la tête — États-Unis
Melissa Wallen aurait dépensé plus de 10 000 dollars (soit environ 8 500 euros) avec ses cartes de crédit. Grâce aux caméras de vidéosurveillance installées au domicile du client, la suspecte a été confondue.
Firefox Quantum often uses less memory than Chrome (~30 percent less using a Windows 10 PC).
Private browsing mode for Firefox Quantum looks just as good as regular browsing. "No other browser can do this", Mozilla claims. Firefox Quantum also has native integration with Pocket, the read-it-later app that Mozilla acquired.
Performance aside, Firefox Quantum includes a visual refresh, called Photon, that "feels fast, fluid, and at home with modern operating systems". The new UI is optimized for High DPI and touchscreen displays. We looked at real world hardware to make Firefox look great on any display, and we made sure that Firefox looks and works like Firefox regardless of the device you're using. You can expect square tabs, a dark color scheme, smooth animations, and a restructuring of menus. A Library button gives you access to your saved content like bookmarks, your Pocket reading list, and screenshots, making extensions for these services obsolete.
- Hypocritical De La Hoya calls out McGregor
- Trump Jr. a été en contact avec WikiLeaks avant l'élection américaine
- Discovering gravitational waves from big black hole crash using pulsars
- Trump Hopes Swift Return of UCLA Players Detained in China
- Ashes digest: Pat Cummins wants to emulate Mitchell Johnson
- S&P says Venezuela has defaulted on its debt
- Dawood Ibrahim's Mumbai Properties Auctioned For Over 11 Crores, Includes Hotel
- It's not just Russian Federation , 30 countries used the internet to manipulate elections
- Boris Johnson apologizes for endangering jailed aid worker in Iran
- Fan backlash over 'skimpy' Amazon makeover for Justice League