The connection between being skinny and being glamorous, or even between not being glamorous and doing women-centric roles only exists because of patriarchal notions.
Vidya Balan: "What's the relationship between "women-centric" and weightloss?"
Visibly annoyed with the question, the actor who has been in her character ever since the release of the trailer of the movie, very politely replied, "I am very happy doing the kind of work I am doing and it will be really great if you people can change your mentality". (All your films have been wome-centic so far, have yuu thought about losing weight in future?), the reporter asked. The film's story revolves around a middle-aged housemaker Sulochona aka Sulu, who is a happy-go-lucky person with a mantra: "Sometimes you don't need wings to fly". No one should be expected to be skinny to be glamorous or be not-glamorous to be taken seriously in women-centric films. Vidya is known for her content-driven films and has always been forthcoming with her own challenge with body weight.
Boston Red Sox announce death of Hall of Famer Bobby Doerr
Following his resignation, be was hired as the hitting coach for the Toronto Blue Jays from 1977 to 1981. Hall of Fame second baseman Bobby Doerr died on Monday at the age of 99, the Boston Red Sox announced .
Vidya Balan made her acting debut with TV show Hum Paanch.
Now, as we know this is not the first time Vidya will play an RJ on screen, earlier in 2006 she played an RJ in "Lage Raho Munna Bhai" but that was different and this is different. As journalists, we can ask her questions, sure, but to put a mike on someone's face and ask them about weightloss is just plain insensitive.
Sadly, Youtube commenters seem to have a whole other point of view. More power to you.
- Discovering gravitational waves from big black hole crash using pulsars
- Didier Drogba announces the date of his retirement
- Free OTT Bundle Philo Launches
- Hypocritical De La Hoya calls out McGregor
- 'Does India need bullet train?', asks Quora user, Piyush Goyal responds
- Netflix notes "59% of Aussies are Watching Netflix in public"
- See David Letterman, Kim Kardashian Read Mean Tweets About Jimmy Kimmel
- Ikea UK sales boom
- Boris Johnson apologizes for endangering jailed aid worker in Iran
- Why You Should Check Out The New Firefox Quantum Browser