Homan previously ran ICE's enforcement and removal operations division.
"Today's announcement that Thomas Homan has been nominated to serve as the director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is welcome news to everyone who believes that firm, but measured enforcement of our nation's immigration laws is vital to our security and the interests of the American people".
An unapologetic enforcer of immigration law, Homan has been running ICE since Trump took office in January.
Toll in Iran-Iraq natural disaster rises to 530
However, Iranian officials said there were no longer any likelihood of finding survivors and called the rescue off. The authorities said water and electricity had returned to most affected regions.
Homan is an outspoken proponent of Trump's immigration policies, making several appearances in the White House press briefing room to highlight the administration's efforts to deport people in the USA illegally and to prevent unauthorized border crossings.
During his time as ICE acting director, Homan has been a vocal proponent of the Trump administration's tough immigration enforcement policies. The Senate must still hold confirmation hearings and approve his nomination to serve in the role permanently.
Later in June, Homan spoke at a White House press briefing, where he condemned sanctuary cities that don't carry out immigration detainers on undocumented immigrants.
- WATCH Reveals Nominees for "10 Worst Toys" For 2017 Holiday Season
- GoCompare Rejects GBP460 Million Approach From ZPG
- Super Mario Bros : le créateur des Minions veut en faire un film !
- Eve Takes 'The Talk' Co-Host Gig
- GameStop temporarily halts unlimited used games program
- Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lawrence and More Read Mean Tweets About Jimmy Kimmel
- Lightning Acquire Louis Domingue From Coyotes
- Creative Assembly Announces Total War Saga Game "Thrones Of Britannia"
- Madison Square Garden to Sell Its WNBA Franchise
- Swiss bank HSBC to pay France $352 million in tax fraud case