Homan previously ran ICE's enforcement and removal operations division.
"Today's announcement that Thomas Homan has been nominated to serve as the director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is welcome news to everyone who believes that firm, but measured enforcement of our nation's immigration laws is vital to our security and the interests of the American people".
An unapologetic enforcer of immigration law, Homan has been running ICE since Trump took office in January.
Creative Assembly Announces Total War Saga Game "Thrones Of Britannia"
A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia will be available for PC in 2018. It is 878 AD, and the Viking Invasion of Britain is over.
Homan is an outspoken proponent of Trump's immigration policies, making several appearances in the White House press briefing room to highlight the administration's efforts to deport people in the USA illegally and to prevent unauthorized border crossings.
During his time as ICE acting director, Homan has been a vocal proponent of the Trump administration's tough immigration enforcement policies. The Senate must still hold confirmation hearings and approve his nomination to serve in the role permanently.
Later in June, Homan spoke at a White House press briefing, where he condemned sanctuary cities that don't carry out immigration detainers on undocumented immigrants.
- Lightning Acquire Louis Domingue From Coyotes
- WATCH Reveals Nominees for "10 Worst Toys" For 2017 Holiday Season
- Zimbabwe: le chef de l'armée met en garde Mugabe
- Swiss bank HSBC to pay France $352 million in tax fraud case
- HTC dévoile son premier casque VR autonome — Vive Focus
- Toll in Iran-Iraq natural disaster rises to 530
- Le laboratoire Merck condamné à délivrer l'ancienne formule en Haute-Garonne — Levothyrox
- Le siège parisien perquisitionné — Lafarge
- GameStop temporarily halts unlimited used games program
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, prima apparizione su GeekBench con Exynos 9810