Homan previously ran ICE's enforcement and removal operations division.
"Today's announcement that Thomas Homan has been nominated to serve as the director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is welcome news to everyone who believes that firm, but measured enforcement of our nation's immigration laws is vital to our security and the interests of the American people".
An unapologetic enforcer of immigration law, Homan has been running ICE since Trump took office in January.
Zimbabwe: le chef de l'armée met en garde Mugabe
Au Zimbabwe, les langues commencent à se délier au sein de l'armée, longtemps restée à la botte du président Robert Mugabe. Plusieurs autres personnes ont également témoigné mardi sur les réseaux sociaux l'avoir vu.
Homan is an outspoken proponent of Trump's immigration policies, making several appearances in the White House press briefing room to highlight the administration's efforts to deport people in the USA illegally and to prevent unauthorized border crossings.
During his time as ICE acting director, Homan has been a vocal proponent of the Trump administration's tough immigration enforcement policies. The Senate must still hold confirmation hearings and approve his nomination to serve in the role permanently.
Later in June, Homan spoke at a White House press briefing, where he condemned sanctuary cities that don't carry out immigration detainers on undocumented immigrants.
- Lightning Acquire Louis Domingue From Coyotes
- Toll in Iran-Iraq natural disaster rises to 530
- Swiss bank HSBC to pay France $352 million in tax fraud case
- Creative Assembly Announces Total War Saga Game "Thrones Of Britannia"
- Trump's Power to Launch Nuclear Weapons Under Senate Scrutiny
- Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lawrence and More Read Mean Tweets About Jimmy Kimmel
- Twitter account that demonised Muslim woman was Russian fake
- Fusillade dans une école primaire: 3 morts
- Flying vehicle company Terrafugia bought by China's Geely
- Nazionale, Ventura alle Iene: 'Promette di dimettersi? Sì'