Citing a source with firsthand knowledge of the investigation, ESPN last week reported the players could be Hangzhou for "a week or two" while the situation is resolved. A senior official in South Korean President Moon Jae-in's administration said Seoul had been anxious he "would come to South Korea and engage in unexpected behavior and language, but it turned out Trump was quite considerate".
Trump Chief of Staff John F. Kelly has already been in touch with the families of the three players as well as university officials including UCLA coach Steve Alford.
The Post reports that charges against the players have been reduced, and that the case is closing in on a resolution.
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders confirmed in an email that Trump raised the matter with Xi.
Des centaines d'emploi seraient menacés chez Castorama et Brico Dépôt
Selon FO, Castorama compte 13.000 salariés et 103 magasins et Brico Dépôt, son "petit frère low-cost", 121 points de vente. Sollicitée par l'AFP, la direction de Castorama n'a pas donné suite.
The arrests made news in the United States and China, according to the Post's report. UCLA is one of the top basketball programs in the country, and the Ball family has become well known in the sports world, including LiAngelo's outspoken father, LaVar Ball.
John Brennan, the former head of the Central Intelligence Agency under President Barack Obama, responded to Trump's weekend tweets praising Russian Federation and China and other comments about those nations' leaders as a demonstration "to Mr. Putin that Donald Trump can be played by foreign leaders who are going to appeal to his ego and to try to play upon his insecurities, which is very, very worrisome from a national-security standpoint". The president spent most of two days with Xi, including a tour of the Forbidden City, a state dinner and meetings. "And it will be a very complete statement as to trade, as to North Korea, as to a lot of other things".
Three UCLA basketball stars may be left in China as allegations against them for shoplifting go through the legal system.
The State Department typically handles cases of Americans arrested overseas.
- EgyptAir in deal to buy 24 Bombardier C-Series planes
- La liste noire des spécialités à éviter — Médicaments sans ordonnance
- The Gaslamp Killer I Never Drugged and Raped You!!! Sues His Accusers
- S&P says Venezuela has defaulted on its debt
- Côtes-d'Armor : le faux gendarme convoqué devant le tribunal
- Supermarket prices rising at fastest rate in 4 years
- Zlatan celebrates Sweden's qualification for 2018 World Cup
- Le trafic est très perturbé mardi en raison d'une panne électrique
- Plus de 66.000 vieux téléphones bientôt inutilisables — Orange
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes