Aldi's United Kingdom market share rose to 6.7% in the 12 weeks ended November 5 compared with 6.1% in the same period a year earlier, while Lidl increased its share to 5.1% from 4.6%, Kantar said.
Grocery prices are rising at their fastest rate in four years as the growing cost of imports since the Brexit vote forces retailers to increase prices, according to the latest survey from Kantar Worldpanel. Tesco, however, was the leading gainer after it received provisional clearance for its merger with Booker, up 4.5% to 184.96p, while Sainsbury's added 0.4% to 228.2p.
On Sainsbury's performance, Fraser McKevitt, head of retail and consumer insight at Kantar Worldpanel, said, "Brands were the fastest-selling products at Sainsbury's during the past 12 weeks - particularly in soft drinks and dairy - flying in the face of the market's focus on own-label lines".
Kantar said overall United Kingdom grocery sales increased in value by 3.2% year on year in the 12-week period.
"Lidl is Britain's fastest growing supermarket for the fifth consecutive period, with sales up 15.1%", Kantar said.
Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) reported Sales of 244.71 Billion
The Kentucky Retirement Systems Insurance Trust Fund holds 116,046 shares with $9.37 million value, up from 112,122 last quarter. TheStreet upgraded shares of Exxon Mobil Corporation from a "c" rating to a "b-" rating in a report on Friday, October 27th.
Alongside its data on the rising price of supermarket shopping, Kantar's survey showed that German discount supermarkets Aldi and Lidl continue their relentless assault on Britain's traditional big supermarkets, growing their total sales rapidly over the last quarter.
Morrisons saw sales increase by 2.1 per cent, accompanied by a marginal fall in share - from 10.5 per cent past year to 10.4 per cent during the latest quarter. Asda and Morrisons followed with rises of 1.5% and 2.1% respectively. The grocer's market share has grown 0.5 percentage points to 5.1 per cent.
The sharp fall in the value of the pound following the UK's vote to leave the European Union past year has raised the cost of imports and pushed up the rate of inflation, which is now being passed on to United Kingdom consumers.
Ocado increased sales by 6.8 per cent, growing ahead of the overall online grocery market.
- Zarco si proche d'une première, Marquez en champion — GP Valence
- Jordanian refugee camp equipped with 12.9-MW solar plant
- Le trafic est très perturbé mardi en raison d'une panne électrique
- Home Depot beats Street 3Q forecasts
- Capcom Developing New Ace Attorney for Switch, Plus Compilations
- The Gaslamp Killer I Never Drugged and Raped You!!! Sues His Accusers
- La Commission lance une consultation publique sur les fake news
- Donald Trump calls Asia trip 'fruitful' with trade progress, nuclear reassurance
- GI tag for rasagola goes to West Bengal
- Tsonga et Pouille pour la finale — Coupe Davis