Qatar's Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani says the four Arab nations that are boycotting his country don't want to negotiate to end the months long diplomatic crisis that has engulfed Doha.
"We do not fear the boycott of these countries against us, we are a thousand times better off without them", the emir said, adding however that "vigilance is required".
Sheikh Tamim said his country also planned to hold elections for the Shura Council, whose 45 members are now appointed by the emir.
United Nations criticizes 'inhuman' European Union policy on migrants in Libya
Libya's Department of Combating Illegal Migration (DCIM) said nearly 20,000 people were now in their facilities, dramatically up from just 7,000 in September.
Sheikh Tamim nonetheless said his government was working on "introducing a number of food security projects" and had "given special attention to water security" as it looked to a future without its former Arab allies.
Qatar's achievements were realized despite the blockading countries making relentless efforts to disrupt and obstruct them by various means, which started with the blockade itself, and included pressure on other countries in addition to even spreading rumors and fabrications, and acting against hosting of the World Cup in 2022 by Qatar, the Emir said in his speech. It shares a major offshore natural gas field with Tehran.
"Qatar has pursued a policy of self-restraint, moderate response, and has risen above all wrangles and misbehavior in respect for our values and norms and out of our keenness to maintain the fraternal relations among the Gulf peoples".
- Nintendo's Mario Brothers To Be Turned Into a Movie
- Duchess of Cambridge's uncle admits punching wife in face
- Zlatan slammed on social media following 'arrogant' tweet about Sweden
- Rebekah Vardy completes the 2017 I'm A Celebrity line-up
- International Monetary Fund upgrades Korea's economic growth outlook
- Top Pak Army man says India sabotaging CPEC
- Female Dem says at least two current members engaged in sexual harassment
- Oil price drops more than US$1on IEA warning of shrinking demand
- Olly Murs and Melanie Skyes are dating
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes