Qatar's Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani says the four Arab nations that are boycotting his country don't want to negotiate to end the months long diplomatic crisis that has engulfed Doha.
"We do not fear the boycott of these countries against us, we are a thousand times better off without them", the emir said, adding however that "vigilance is required".
Sheikh Tamim said his country also planned to hold elections for the Shura Council, whose 45 members are now appointed by the emir.
Cochin: Airport authorities detain man after hijack threat
He also informed his friend, who had already boarded the flight, about the message, the spokesman said. Varghese's baggage was checked thoroughly.
Sheikh Tamim nonetheless said his government was working on "introducing a number of food security projects" and had "given special attention to water security" as it looked to a future without its former Arab allies.
Qatar's achievements were realized despite the blockading countries making relentless efforts to disrupt and obstruct them by various means, which started with the blockade itself, and included pressure on other countries in addition to even spreading rumors and fabrications, and acting against hosting of the World Cup in 2022 by Qatar, the Emir said in his speech. It shares a major offshore natural gas field with Tehran.
"Qatar has pursued a policy of self-restraint, moderate response, and has risen above all wrangles and misbehavior in respect for our values and norms and out of our keenness to maintain the fraternal relations among the Gulf peoples".
- Azerbaijani media distort Iranian official's remarks on Armenia FM's visit to Israel
- Gopro Inc Cl A Cmn (GPRO) Valuation Review
- FDA raises concerns about use of kratom for opioid addiction
- Bombardier vend 12 avions CS300 à Egyptair
- Olly Murs and Melanie Skyes are dating
- Nintendo's Mario Brothers To Be Turned Into a Movie
- Qualcomm rejects Broadcom acquisition bid
- Zlatan slammed on social media following 'arrogant' tweet about Sweden
- Film stars, friends and family remember Paddington Bear author Michael Bond
- Le Premier ministre français attendu au Maroc ce mercredi: voici le programme