The minority affairs minister Naqvi said, the protestor should realise that it is just a movie.
SURAT: Protests against Sanjay Leela Bhansali "s upcoming movie 'Padmavati" are swelling.On Sunday, a massive rally was taken out by thousands belonging to 55 different religious and social organizations against the film in the city on Sunday.People associated with Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and those belonging to Rajput, Karni and Gurjar communities warned against the release of the film that allegedly tarnishes the image of queen Padmavati. "You can not just show anything in the name of a film", said Lokendra Singh Kalvi, the president of the Rajput Karni Sena in Gujarat capital Gandhinagar.
"What you like in a film should be accepted, and what you do not like should be left there", the minister was quoted as saying by PTI.
Reliance Communications bonds, stocks tumble to record lows
However, total income from operations of the Anil Ambani-led infrastructure major rose to Rs 7,734.91 crore in the quarter. Reliance Communication reported a net loss of 27.1 billion rupees (US$415 million) for the quarter ended September 30.
Naqvi said he liked watching movies and did not attempt to evaluate their history or geography. The movie, starring Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh, is directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. "Karni Sena will never allow such movie to hit the theatres", Rathod claimed, adding, "It is our clear warning that if this movie gets released on December 1, there will be violent protests and government will be responsible for the law and order situation".
The Karni Sena has opposed a romantic scene between Rani Padmavati and Alauddin Khilji in the movie.
The film is based on Malik Muhammad Jayasi's epic poem Padmavat and is all set to release on December 1.
- ASSE, Rennes, Ligue des Champions, ça bouge pour Ben Arfa — PSG
- Hearing to declare Hussain, Hasan proclaimed offenders under way
- Shares in Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT) Acquired by Old West Investment Management LLC
- Analysts Expect Macerich Company (The) (MAC) to Announce $1.14 EPS
- J&K: One terrorist killed by security forces in Kulgam encounter
- Up-To-Date Stocks Report: QUALCOMM Incorporated (QCOM), Mattel, Inc. (MAT)
- Bagley, Allen lead No. 1 Duke past Elon, 97-68
- Flyer falls off wheelchair; AAI, IndiGo pick fight
- 4 écrivaines en lice pour la finale — Goncourt des lycéens
- College Students Accused of Cheating via App