The Wall Street Journal has reported that the two companies have been in talks for a year with Nintendo confirmed to be involved with the creative process as well as the series' creator Shigeru Miyamoto, who will likely serve as a producer on the film.
With the failure of the live-action movie, it makes sense that Nintendo would choose the animated route. Nintendo's CEO, Satoru Iwata, denied those reports a couple of months later.
In a newly discovered glitch, Super Mario Odyssey players using the multiplayer mode can actually kill Mario instead of helping him. Representatives of both companies refused to comment on the story.
Film stars, friends and family remember Paddington Bear author Michael Bond
Mr Bond, who died in June, at 91, was a BBC studio cameraman when in 1958 he published his first Paddington story, A Bear Called Paddington .
The last and only feature-length movie to star Mario was the 1993 Super Mario Brothers starring Bob Hoskins. Universal Parks entered an agreement with Nintendo to develop multiple attractions based on the cavalcade of iconic characters the video game publisher owns. Right now, the deal is one for one movie, but there is potential for more.
The report notes that Illumination Entertainment, and Universal Pictures by default, could develop this into a multi-film franchise, akin to the Fast and Furious or Despicable Me (both are owned by Universal Pictures) universes.
- Xbox One X hits 80,000 United Kingdom sales in first week
- Rebekah Vardy completes the 2017 I'm A Celebrity line-up
- Duchess of Cambridge's uncle admits punching wife in face
- Jerry Jones won't stop fighting owners in Roger Goodell talks
- Azerbaijani media distort Iranian official's remarks on Armenia FM's visit to Israel
- Blake Shelton Shares Big News About New Album 'Texoma Shore'
- Saad Hariri bientôt de retour au Liban
- United Nations criticizes 'inhuman' European Union policy on migrants in Libya
- Le Premier ministre français attendu au Maroc ce mercredi: voici le programme
- International Monetary Fund upgrades Korea's economic growth outlook