After actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of sexual misconduct, spurring more than a dozen others to come forward with claims against the former House of Cards star and executive producer, Sony's TriStar pulled All the Money in the World from AFI Fest amid the controversy. Director Ridley Scott is digitally replacing the images of Spacey's John Paul Getty character with Christopher Plummer for its December 22 release.
Molly's Game marks Sorkin's directorial debut and is based on the true story of Molly Bloom (Chastain), who ran a clandestine, high-stakes poker ring.
Molly's Game was produced by Mark Gordon, Matt Jackson and Amy Pascal.
Insider Activity for Investors: Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. (SBH)
PNC Financial Services Group Inc. grew its position in shares of Sally Beauty Holdings by 37.7% during the first quarter. This buyback authorization allows the specialty retailer to buy up to 40.7% of its stock through open market purchases.
"As Sorkin embarks on this next chapter of his career, his talents are timely for a tribute as he brings his gift of crafting compelling narratives and complex characters to the story of female impresario Molly Bloom", AFI Fest director Jacqueline Lyanga said in a statement. Entertainment One (eOne) and The Mark Gordon Company financed the feature, with eOne directly distributing the film across its territories.
TriStar pulled All the Money... last week, saying in a statement that "given the current allegations surrounding one of its actors and out of respect for those impacted, it would be inappropriate to celebrate at a gala at this hard time".
AFI Fest kicked off November 9 and runs through November 16. "Accordingly, the film will be withdrawn". According to Deadline, the closing night slot is "much-coveted" by filmmakers.
- Justice Khosa recuses himself from Hudaibiya bench
- Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The) (GBX) Issues Quarterly Earnings Results
- Paris Attack: Memories Return Again And Again, Loew Says
- Darren Thornburgh, Boutique nightclub owner, found shot dead at Barmah
- French skier dies after training crash
- Vanity Fair Said to Name New Editor
- Merck & Company (MRK) Position Increased by Sound Shore Management Inc
- Aaron Jones injured against the Bears
- Hulu working on live-action Hitman series
- Modi visits rice research centre in Philippines