Pence left Lucas Oil Stadium after a group of about 20 San Francisco players knelt for the national anthem.
Shortly after, President Trump tweeted that he asked Pence to leave the stadium if any players kneeled.
Watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) obtained the cost figures on Tuesday. Most of that money ($11,427.68) was paid out in overtime.
Suspect shot & killed during struggle with a Baton Rouge Police officer
One man is dead after being shot by a Baton Rouge Police officer at the Palms Apartments on McClelland Drive Monday evening. The bullet entered the front of Toney's chest and travelled from left to right as it passed through his body.
"This cost is in addition to the reported approximate travel cost of $242,500 for Pence to fly from Las Vegas, NV, to Indianapolis, IN, and then to Los Angeles, CA, where he went afterwards for a fundraiser", said CREW. The president called the demonstrations, which began as a silent protest against police brutality, an offense to Americans and the flag.
Vice President Mike Pence walked out of an October 8 NFL game when players for the San Francisco 49ers kneeled during the national anthem in protest of police brutality against blacks. "Karen and I were looking very much forward to it, but frankly when we saw that so many players took a knee on the sideline we thought it was the right thing to do to leave".
CREW Executive Director Noah Bookbinder said in a statement that Pence "should know better than to use taxpayer money to make a rhetorical point, but carelessness with taxpayer money seems to be a common theme with senior administration officials".
"At a time when the administration is proposing massive budget cuts for the federal government, it is especially inappropriate to use taxpayer dollars for a political publicity stunt", Bookbinder said.
- Toll in Iran-Iraq natural disaster rises to 530
- Nazionale, Ventura alle Iene: 'Promette di dimettersi? Sì'
- Twitter account that demonised Muslim woman was Russian fake
- Shock as mysterious UFO 'hovers above California navy base'
- Zimbabwe: le chef de l'armée met en garde Mugabe
- Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lawrence and More Read Mean Tweets About Jimmy Kimmel
- Eve Takes 'The Talk' Co-Host Gig
- WATCH Reveals Nominees for "10 Worst Toys" For 2017 Holiday Season
- Trump's Power to Launch Nuclear Weapons Under Senate Scrutiny
- Le siège parisien perquisitionné — Lafarge