Pence left Lucas Oil Stadium after a group of about 20 San Francisco players knelt for the national anthem.
Shortly after, President Trump tweeted that he asked Pence to leave the stadium if any players kneeled.
Watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) obtained the cost figures on Tuesday. Most of that money ($11,427.68) was paid out in overtime.
Madison Square Garden to Sell Its WNBA Franchise
The company had revenue of $157.46 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $157.21 million. The firm owned 751 shares of the company's stock after acquiring an additional 40 shares during the period.
"This cost is in addition to the reported approximate travel cost of $242,500 for Pence to fly from Las Vegas, NV, to Indianapolis, IN, and then to Los Angeles, CA, where he went afterwards for a fundraiser", said CREW. The president called the demonstrations, which began as a silent protest against police brutality, an offense to Americans and the flag.
Vice President Mike Pence walked out of an October 8 NFL game when players for the San Francisco 49ers kneeled during the national anthem in protest of police brutality against blacks. "Karen and I were looking very much forward to it, but frankly when we saw that so many players took a knee on the sideline we thought it was the right thing to do to leave".
CREW Executive Director Noah Bookbinder said in a statement that Pence "should know better than to use taxpayer money to make a rhetorical point, but carelessness with taxpayer money seems to be a common theme with senior administration officials".
"At a time when the administration is proposing massive budget cuts for the federal government, it is especially inappropriate to use taxpayer dollars for a political publicity stunt", Bookbinder said.
- Cops: Rochester mom admitted to drowning 10-day-old
- Toll in Iran-Iraq natural disaster rises to 530
- Super Mario Bros : le créateur des Minions veut en faire un film !
- Le siège parisien perquisitionné — Lafarge
- Curtis Samuel to miss rest of season
- Creative Assembly Announces Total War Saga Game "Thrones Of Britannia"
- HTC dévoile son premier casque VR autonome — Vive Focus
- Twitter account that demonised Muslim woman was Russian fake
- Swiss bank HSBC to pay France $352 million in tax fraud case
- WATCH Reveals Nominees for "10 Worst Toys" For 2017 Holiday Season