On Monday, India's retail inflation picked up in October to a seven-month high, driven by faster rises in prices of food and fuel products, dampening chances of an interest rate cut by the central bank next month.
Wholesale inflation (WPI) too spiked to 3.59 per cent in October, from 2.6 per cent in September, official data showed today.
The index had a fall of 281 points yesterday.
The 30-share BSE Sensex was down 91.69 points at 32,941.87 and the 50-share NSE Nifty fell 38.40 points to 10,186.60 amid volatility.
India's Monetary Policy Committee will review interest rates next on December 6. "Global cues were not helping either amid uncertainty over U.S. tax reform, slow down in Chinese factory output and growing political issues in UK", Vinod Nair, Head of Research, Geojit Financial Services said.
Omar Abdullah lashes out at SAS Geelani
The orders were passed by a court in Bihar after a lawyer approached the court over Farooq Abdullah's remarks over Azad Kashmir. These irresponsible and short-sighted people have always served the interests of their masters.
Notable losers include L&T (1.96 per cent), along with PowerGrid, TCS and Asian Paints.
Hero MotoCorp, Axis Bank, Bajaj Auto and M&M counters, however, saw buying activity.
Market breadth was negative with 844 advances against 946 declines.
Domestic institutional investors (DIIs) also sold shares worth a net Rs 268.77 crore.
Weakness rubbed off on broader markets, with mid-cap and small-cap indices falling by up to 0.22 per cent.
- Vidya Balan On Why Indian Culture Considers Sex Taboo
- Niger, Benin pay Fed Govt N19 billion for electricity
- Saif Ali Khan's Special Gift For Taimur Ali Khan On Children's Day
- Beyonce first appeared in public with twins
- Why You Should Check Out The New Firefox Quantum Browser
- It's not just Russian Federation , 30 countries used the internet to manipulate elections
- Ikea UK sales boom
- Boris Johnson apologizes for endangering jailed aid worker in Iran
- Elle se lâche sur Emmanuel Macron — Geneviève de Fontenay
- Clorox Company (The) (CLX) Raised to "Outperform" at Consumer Edge