On Monday, India's retail inflation picked up in October to a seven-month high, driven by faster rises in prices of food and fuel products, dampening chances of an interest rate cut by the central bank next month.
Wholesale inflation (WPI) too spiked to 3.59 per cent in October, from 2.6 per cent in September, official data showed today.
The index had a fall of 281 points yesterday.
The 30-share BSE Sensex was down 91.69 points at 32,941.87 and the 50-share NSE Nifty fell 38.40 points to 10,186.60 amid volatility.
India's Monetary Policy Committee will review interest rates next on December 6. "Global cues were not helping either amid uncertainty over U.S. tax reform, slow down in Chinese factory output and growing political issues in UK", Vinod Nair, Head of Research, Geojit Financial Services said.
Netflix notes "59% of Aussies are Watching Netflix in public"
In a new survey conducted by Netflix (via SurveyMonkey), about 37% of Netflix's U.S. subscribers said they binge-watched while at work.
Notable losers include L&T (1.96 per cent), along with PowerGrid, TCS and Asian Paints.
Hero MotoCorp, Axis Bank, Bajaj Auto and M&M counters, however, saw buying activity.
Market breadth was negative with 844 advances against 946 declines.
Domestic institutional investors (DIIs) also sold shares worth a net Rs 268.77 crore.
Weakness rubbed off on broader markets, with mid-cap and small-cap indices falling by up to 0.22 per cent.
- Omar Abdullah lashes out at SAS Geelani
- Free OTT Bundle Philo Launches
- See David Letterman, Kim Kardashian Read Mean Tweets About Jimmy Kimmel
- Niger, Benin pay Fed Govt N19 billion for electricity
- Ikea UK sales boom
- Apple Once Again Became the Biggest Selling Producer of Wearables
- Rohr Disappointed Over Messi's Absence Against Nigeria
- Fan backlash over 'skimpy' Amazon makeover for Justice League
- 'Does India need bullet train?', asks Quora user, Piyush Goyal responds
- Root tells Australia to 'bring it on' for Ashes