According to Louisiana State Police, the shooting happened just after 6:00 p.m.as a Baton Rouge Police Officer was assisting a Department of Children and Family services case worker with an investigation.
Troopers with Louisiana State Police are investigating a deadly shooting by a Baton Rouge police officer during a struggle Monday evening, as they worked fast to put to rest a social media rumor that was only making matters worse.
Cellphone video showed Sterling pinned to the ground by the white officers before he was shot, but police said he was reaching for a gun.
Officials have not identified the officer involved in the shooting. He said the man was not handcuffed at the time.
The officer suffered minor injuries during the struggle, police said.
Police tape covered the entrance to the complex in northern Baton Rouge, and about 100 people gathered on other side, some yelling "Black lives matter", and "No justice, no peace".
Hypocritical De La Hoya calls out McGregor
The 44-year-old last fought in December, 2006, when he was knocked out by Manny Pacquiao in eight rounds. You heard it on Golden Boy Radio. "Let's get it straight: In the cage, he would freaking destroy me".
According to the the Washington Post's database tracking fatal police shootings in the U.S., Toney is at least the 196th known black person shot and killed by law enforcement in 2017.
A Taser was deployed an unknown number of times and there was a struggle between the victim and officers over the Taser and weapons prior to the shooting, according to Moore.
The Louisiana State Police Crime Lab and East Baton Rouge District Attorney's Office are now at the apartment complex investigating the incident, according to Lee.
"We really are early on in this investigation, state police are here doing the job they always do", Moore said. The man was shot and killed by the officer during the altercation.
The investigation into the shooting continues. "What's so vitally important is that we keep the lines of communication open with the community".
- Rohr Disappointed Over Messi's Absence Against Nigeria
- 3 nouveaux iPhone à écran bord à bord en 2018 ?
- 'Does India need bullet train?', asks Quora user, Piyush Goyal responds
- Fan backlash over 'skimpy' Amazon makeover for Justice League
- Root tells Australia to 'bring it on' for Ashes
- Venezuela-finally and officially-defaulted on its bonds
- Market turns choppy, trades in loss on inflation fears
- Ikea UK sales boom
- Netflix notes "59% of Aussies are Watching Netflix in public"
- Vidya Balan On Why Indian Culture Considers Sex Taboo