Superstars Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth have been chosen by the Andhra Pradesh government for the prestigious NTR National Film Award for the years 2014 and 2016 respectively. Directors SS Rajamouli, Trivikram Srinivas, Boyapati Srinivas won the BN Reddy Award.
The best actor award for 2014 went to Bala Krishna for his film Legend, while "Prince" Mahesh Babu bagged the coveted award for Srimathudu in the year 2015.
Krishnam Raju, Eshwar and Chiranjeevi will receive the Raghupathi Venkaiah awards for lifetime achievement and their contribution to the Telugu film industry.
The jury committee announced the Nandi awards in 64 categories for films, theatre and television. The state government had stalled announcing the awards since 2014.
FDA raises concerns about use of kratom for opioid addiction
The FDA says kratom carries similar risks of abuse, addiction and in some cases, death, as opioids. Commissioner Scott Gottlieb issued a statement warning about the risks associated with kratom.
Naga Chaitanya won the award in the Best Supporting actor category in 2014 for Manam. According to a report in Deccan Chronicle, this announcement comes as a move to relocate the Telugu film industry to Andhra Pradesh capital Amravati. As expected, Baahubali made a clean sweep in 2015.
He earlier won Best Actor for "Nijam", "Atadu" and "Dookudu".
Ramya Krishnan won the Best Supporting Actress award for her role as Sivagami and Rana Daggubati, who played Bhalladeva, won the Best Villain Award.
- Food left to rot and massive queues at Dover expected after Brexit
- Gopro Inc Cl A Cmn (GPRO) Valuation Review
- Film stars, friends and family remember Paddington Bear author Michael Bond
- Azerbaijani media distort Iranian official's remarks on Armenia FM's visit to Israel
- Trump to tap ex-pharma executive Azar as U.S. health secretary
- Duchess of Cambridge's uncle admits punching wife in face
- In an Effort to Combat Dipping Ratings, ESPN Is Heading to Snapchat
- Jon Stewart Says He Was Stunned By the Louis CK Story
- Bombardier vend 12 avions CS300 à Egyptair
- Qatari emir: Boycotting Arab nations don't want to negotiate