Superstars Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth have been chosen by the Andhra Pradesh government for the prestigious NTR National Film Award for the years 2014 and 2016 respectively. Directors SS Rajamouli, Trivikram Srinivas, Boyapati Srinivas won the BN Reddy Award.
The best actor award for 2014 went to Bala Krishna for his film Legend, while "Prince" Mahesh Babu bagged the coveted award for Srimathudu in the year 2015.
Krishnam Raju, Eshwar and Chiranjeevi will receive the Raghupathi Venkaiah awards for lifetime achievement and their contribution to the Telugu film industry.
The jury committee announced the Nandi awards in 64 categories for films, theatre and television. The state government had stalled announcing the awards since 2014.
Azerbaijani media distort Iranian official's remarks on Armenia FM's visit to Israel
The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict began in 1988 when Armenia made territorial claims against Azerbaijan . "I am planning to visit Yerevan and Baku at the beginning of next week.
Naga Chaitanya won the award in the Best Supporting actor category in 2014 for Manam. According to a report in Deccan Chronicle, this announcement comes as a move to relocate the Telugu film industry to Andhra Pradesh capital Amravati. As expected, Baahubali made a clean sweep in 2015.
He earlier won Best Actor for "Nijam", "Atadu" and "Dookudu".
Ramya Krishnan won the Best Supporting Actress award for her role as Sivagami and Rana Daggubati, who played Bhalladeva, won the Best Villain Award.
- Traders Secrets on Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY), Gulfport Energy Corporation (GPOR)
- Trump to tap ex-pharma executive Azar as U.S. health secretary
- Cochin: Airport authorities detain man after hijack threat
- Oil price drops more than US$1on IEA warning of shrinking demand
- Iraq's Kurdistan to Respect Court Ruling Banning Secession
- Food left to rot and massive queues at Dover expected after Brexit
- Duchess of Cambridge's uncle admits punching wife in face
- Qatari emir: Boycotting Arab nations don't want to negotiate
- Female Dem says at least two current members engaged in sexual harassment
- More and more stores are staying closed on Thanksgiving and Black Friday