Council Chairman D.H. Shankaramurthy adjourned the House till 3 p.m as noisy scenes continued after Chief Minister Siddaramaiah rejected the BJP demand for the resignation of George or discussion on his role in the death of Mangaluru Deputy Superintendent of Police M.K. Ganapathy in July previous year. Quoting the Supreme Court's order on handing over the case to CBI and subsequent FIR filed by the CBI, Mr. Siddramaiah said that nowhere in the court order had Mr. George's name been mentioned. If that were the case, then scores of ministers should have resigned by now.
Siddaramaiah told ANI, "Already the matter has been discussed in the house and in the council". I even advised him not to do so, but on moral grounds he did. Later, the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) gave him a clean chit following which he again became a minister.
3 killed in shooting at Northern California elementary school
The school has been cleared and the children at the school are in a safe place, Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston told reporters. The Redding Record Searchlight reports a 30-year-old man has also been taken to the hospital with gunshot wound to the thigh.
The 10-day winter session of the Karnataka legislature began here on a stormy note on Monday, with the opposition BJP demanding resignation of Urban Development Minister K.J. George against whom the CBI has filed an FIR for allegedly abetting the suicide of a police officer. The BJP is raking up the issue to gain political mileage out of the issue, based on just an FIR filed against the minister. Although Chairman of the Legislative Council D.H. Shankarmurthy did not allow the adjournment motion saying there was no precedence to allow adjournment motion in the Upper House, the BJP members stuck to their demand forcing the chairman to adjourn the House to Tuesday.
Ganapathy, 51, was found hanging on July 7, 2016 in a lodge at Madikeri in Kodagu district, about 250 km to the west of the state capital. "Let them also resign", countered Siddaramaiah. In a video message, he held K.J. George, A.M. Prasad and Pranab Mohanty responsible for his death.
- Gigi Hadid Has Bella By Her Side at Glamour Awards!
- Manana sentenced to 12 months in prison or R100k fine — Newsflash
- Silver Alert declared for missing Terre Haute woman
- Kinder Morgan (KMI) Stake Increased by Amf Pensionsforsakring Ab
- Gabelli Funds LLC Sells 8790 Shares of Integrated Device Technology, Inc. (IDTI)
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) Loses "Outperform" Rating
- The Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (ALXN) Receives $168.83 Average PT from Brokerages
- Russian Federation accuses USA coalition of hampering its anti-IS operation in Syria
- Johnny Depp rejoint l'affiche du Hellfest 2018
- Gérard Depardieu : C'est 80 000 euros pour sa venue à un festival