The Washington Post reported that if Jones is guilty of conduct detrimental to the league, he could be fined, the team could lose draft picks and Jones could face discipline, to include suspension. Jones, who was a non-voting member of the compensation committee, was kicked out immediately after he threatened to sue, reports the Times. Goodell has 18 months left on his current term and a lot to prove in the NFL's troubled 2017 landscape.
Jerry Jones doesn't sound too anxious about "nuclear" war.
A report in The New York Times stated that cease-and-desist warning was issued to Jones after conference call with the National Football League compensation committee.
Market turns choppy, trades in loss on inflation fears
Wholesale inflation (WPI) too spiked to 3.59 per cent in October, from 2.6 per cent in September, official data showed today. Weakness rubbed off on broader markets, with mid-cap and small-cap indices falling by up to 0.22 per cent.
Meanwhile, Falcons owner Arthur Blank, the compensation committee's chairman, doesn't appear to be taking Jones' advice.
During an appearance on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas on Tuesday, Jones said he has no plans to back off his mission to throw a wrench into the Goodell extension plans and called talk that there could be a push to force him out as owner of the Cowboys "laughable and ridiculous". "We need to slow this train down".
The Times report meshes with what CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reported on Sunday: Some owners are starting to turn on Jones because, according to sources, "his attacks on commissioner Roger Goodell are being seen by his peers as a direct reaction to his anger of Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension and are diminishing his respect and influence among other owners".
- Rohr Disappointed Over Messi's Absence Against Nigeria
- Un SDF découvert mort dans un couloir d'un hôpital — Seine-et-Marne
- Vidya Balan On Why Indian Culture Considers Sex Taboo
- ASEAN leaders sign landmark pact on migrant workers' protection
- Sam Mendes no longer directing Disney's live-action Pinocchio
- Brendon Hartley forced to retire at Brazilian Grand Prix
- Clorox Company (The) (CLX) Raised to "Outperform" at Consumer Edge
- Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) PT Set at $27.00 by Canaccord Genuity
- Le taureau Tebas revient à la charge, le PSG trinque — Mercato
- Beyonce first appeared in public with twins