The Washington Post reported that if Jones is guilty of conduct detrimental to the league, he could be fined, the team could lose draft picks and Jones could face discipline, to include suspension. Jones, who was a non-voting member of the compensation committee, was kicked out immediately after he threatened to sue, reports the Times. Goodell has 18 months left on his current term and a lot to prove in the NFL's troubled 2017 landscape.
Jerry Jones doesn't sound too anxious about "nuclear" war.
A report in The New York Times stated that cease-and-desist warning was issued to Jones after conference call with the National Football League compensation committee.
Niger, Benin pay Fed Govt N19 billion for electricity
The Minister added that the west African country was experiencing other challenges that must be collectively addressed. What they are likely to get are minimum amounts of $10,000 (N3.5m) and maximum amounts of $300,000.
Meanwhile, Falcons owner Arthur Blank, the compensation committee's chairman, doesn't appear to be taking Jones' advice.
During an appearance on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas on Tuesday, Jones said he has no plans to back off his mission to throw a wrench into the Goodell extension plans and called talk that there could be a push to force him out as owner of the Cowboys "laughable and ridiculous". "We need to slow this train down".
The Times report meshes with what CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reported on Sunday: Some owners are starting to turn on Jones because, according to sources, "his attacks on commissioner Roger Goodell are being seen by his peers as a direct reaction to his anger of Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension and are diminishing his respect and influence among other owners".
- PH, New Zealand expand trade cooperation on geothermal energy
- Un SDF découvert mort dans un couloir d'un hôpital — Seine-et-Marne
- Netflix notes "59% of Aussies are Watching Netflix in public"
- Clorox Company (The) (CLX) Raised to "Outperform" at Consumer Edge
- Wenger speaks on Manchester City unbeaten run
- Bill Murray and His Brother Hosting a Minor League Baseball Show
- Sam Mendes no longer directing Disney's live-action Pinocchio
- Traders Secrets on Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX), Citizens Financial Group, Inc. (CFG)
- Vidya Balan On Why Indian Culture Considers Sex Taboo
- Ikea UK sales boom