Meanwhile, a member of the Shiite National Iraqi Alliance, Iskandar Vetut, told Anadolu Agency (AA) that Baghdad will not compromise on the conditions of annulment of the "illegal" referendum, handing over border gates to the Iraqi government and withdrawal of peshmerga to the pre-2003 borders.
Iraqi Kurdish authorities said earlier on Tuesday they would accept a federal court decision prohibiting the region from seceding, signalling a new phase in efforts to restart stalled negotiations over its future.
It followed a controversial referendum on the secession of the Kurdish region, which was held on September 25 in defiance of strong objection from Baghdad and Iraq's neighbors, particularly Iran and Turkey.
The ruling responded to a request from the Iraqi government in Baghdad to put an end to any "misinterpretation" of the constitution and to "assert the unity of Iraq", a court spokesman said last week.
Louisiana police: Baton Rouge police officer involved in fatal shooting
The officer suffered minor injuries during the struggle, police said. Officials have not identified the officer involved in the shooting.
"We believe that this decision must become a basis for starting an inclusive national dialogue between (Kurdish authorities in) Erbil and Baghdad to resolve all disputes", the KRG said in a statement, Reuters reported.
His remarks came during a meeting between al-Abadi and the head of the United Nations mission in Iraq, Jan Kubis.
Those measures included an October offensive by Iraqi government forces, backed by Shia militia, to take the oil-producing city of Kirkuk from the KRG.
- Russian PM says he talked to Trump over dinner in Manila
- Brendon Hartley forced to retire at Brazilian Grand Prix
- Bill Murray and His Brother Hosting a Minor League Baseball Show
- Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) PT Set at $27.00 by Canaccord Genuity
- Turkish president visits Kuwait for 'cooperation' talks
- Clorox Company (The) (CLX) Raised to "Outperform" at Consumer Edge
- 3 nouveaux iPhone à écran bord à bord en 2018 ?
- Venezuela-finally and officially-defaulted on its bonds
- ASEAN leaders sign landmark pact on migrant workers' protection
- Deadwood Revival Movie: 2018 Shoot Date Looks Likely