Meanwhile, a member of the Shiite National Iraqi Alliance, Iskandar Vetut, told Anadolu Agency (AA) that Baghdad will not compromise on the conditions of annulment of the "illegal" referendum, handing over border gates to the Iraqi government and withdrawal of peshmerga to the pre-2003 borders.
Iraqi Kurdish authorities said earlier on Tuesday they would accept a federal court decision prohibiting the region from seceding, signalling a new phase in efforts to restart stalled negotiations over its future.
It followed a controversial referendum on the secession of the Kurdish region, which was held on September 25 in defiance of strong objection from Baghdad and Iraq's neighbors, particularly Iran and Turkey.
The ruling responded to a request from the Iraqi government in Baghdad to put an end to any "misinterpretation" of the constitution and to "assert the unity of Iraq", a court spokesman said last week.
Saad Hariri bientôt de retour au Liban
Le prince héritier saoudien Mohammed ben Salmane avait alors accusé Téhéran d' "agression militaire directe " contre son pays. Le Liban est de nouveau plongé dans une crise politique qui ne ressemble à aucune autre.
"We believe that this decision must become a basis for starting an inclusive national dialogue between (Kurdish authorities in) Erbil and Baghdad to resolve all disputes", the KRG said in a statement, Reuters reported.
His remarks came during a meeting between al-Abadi and the head of the United Nations mission in Iraq, Jan Kubis.
Those measures included an October offensive by Iraqi government forces, backed by Shia militia, to take the oil-producing city of Kirkuk from the KRG.
- Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) PT Set at $27.00 by Canaccord Genuity
- Un SDF découvert mort dans un couloir d'un hôpital — Seine-et-Marne
- Clorox Company (The) (CLX) Raised to "Outperform" at Consumer Edge
- Wenger speaks on Manchester City unbeaten run
- Sam Mendes no longer directing Disney's live-action Pinocchio
- Louisiana police: Baton Rouge police officer involved in fatal shooting
- International Monetary Fund upgrades Korea's economic growth outlook
- Beyonce first appeared in public with twins
- Gabriel Batistuta: Lionel Messi taking my Argentina record annoyed me
- Death row inmate to get pillow to help him breathe during execution