Wrapping up a two-week visit, the International Monetary Fund said it expects Asia's fourth-largest economy to expand 3.2 percent this year, up from its earlier prediction of 3.0 percent.
The IMF's mission team to South Korea said the outlook for Asia's fourth-largest economy was improving despite elevated geopolitical tensions as global demand for its information technology products supported exports growth while private consumption was picking up.
The IMF delegation, which has held an annual meeting with the South Korean government from early this month, announced the meeting result and upgraded its growth forecast for the Asian economy, according to the Ministry of Strategy and Finance. The forecast for inflation in 2019 remained unchanged at 5%.
Jason Aldean Initially Thought the Las Vegas Shooting Was a Blown Speaker
So I looked over at my monitor guys that's on the side of the stage as if to say 'What is that?' and 'Fix it, '" he recalled. The country singer didn't take time to process the situation, though, until later on.
"This recovery in many countries of Europe is now increasingly solidifying and strengthening", said Jorg Decressin, deputy director of the IMF's European Department.
The IMF cited poverty of the elderly, unemployment of the younger generation, shortage of social safety net and a dual structure in the labor market as the reasons for the structural problems.
The country's central bank froze its benchmark interest rate at an all-time low of 1.25 percent since June past year.
- Aronimink Golf Club lands 2027 PGA Championship, 2020 KPMG Women's PGA
- Sam Mendes no longer directing Disney's live-action Pinocchio
- Traders Secrets on Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX), Citizens Financial Group, Inc. (CFG)
- Saad Hariri bientôt de retour au Liban
- Jerry Jones won't stop fighting owners in Roger Goodell talks
- Dublin rent prices up 12 per cent as rates soar to a new all-time high
- Iraq's Kurdistan to Respect Court Ruling Banning Secession
- Louisiana police: Baton Rouge police officer involved in fatal shooting
- Russian PM says he talked to Trump over dinner in Manila
- Bill Murray and His Brother Hosting a Minor League Baseball Show