Wrapping up a two-week visit, the International Monetary Fund said it expects Asia's fourth-largest economy to expand 3.2 percent this year, up from its earlier prediction of 3.0 percent.
The IMF's mission team to South Korea said the outlook for Asia's fourth-largest economy was improving despite elevated geopolitical tensions as global demand for its information technology products supported exports growth while private consumption was picking up.
The IMF delegation, which has held an annual meeting with the South Korean government from early this month, announced the meeting result and upgraded its growth forecast for the Asian economy, according to the Ministry of Strategy and Finance. The forecast for inflation in 2019 remained unchanged at 5%.
Jerry Jones won't stop fighting owners in Roger Goodell talks
Meanwhile, Falcons owner Arthur Blank, the compensation committee's chairman, doesn't appear to be taking Jones' advice. Goodell has 18 months left on his current term and a lot to prove in the NFL's troubled 2017 landscape.
"This recovery in many countries of Europe is now increasingly solidifying and strengthening", said Jorg Decressin, deputy director of the IMF's European Department.
The IMF cited poverty of the elderly, unemployment of the younger generation, shortage of social safety net and a dual structure in the labor market as the reasons for the structural problems.
The country's central bank froze its benchmark interest rate at an all-time low of 1.25 percent since June past year.
- Food left to rot and massive queues at Dover expected after Brexit
- Beyonce first appeared in public with twins
- Brendon Hartley forced to retire at Brazilian Grand Prix
- Traders Secrets on Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX), Citizens Financial Group, Inc. (CFG)
- Turkish president visits Kuwait for 'cooperation' talks
- ASEAN leaders sign landmark pact on migrant workers' protection
- Market turns choppy, trades in loss on inflation fears
- Russian PM says he talked to Trump over dinner in Manila
- Death row inmate to get pillow to help him breathe during execution
- Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) PT Set at $27.00 by Canaccord Genuity