Gillian Drakeford, Ikea's United Kingdom retail manager, said: "As we celebrate our 30th anniversary this year, we remain committed to the United Kingdom and are proud to have achieved another successful year of growth".
For the year ended 31 August, Ikea's sales in the United Kingdom rose 5.8 per cent to £1.8bn, the sixth consecutive year of sales growth for the firm.
The retailer said its share of the market had increased by 0.5%, bringing it closer to an overall target of 15% market share by 2027.
As we celebrate our 30 anniversary this year, we remain committed to the United Kingdom and are proud to have achieved another successful year of growth. In total, 57.2 million people visited IKEA stores in FY17, resulting in a sales uplift of +5.7 per cent.
"This is testament to the talent of our co-workers and our ambition to inspire customers with the best possible experience".
Gillian Drakeford, country retail manager for Ikea UK and Ireland, said: "Despite a level of economic uncertainty, our brand is even more relevant and we continue our efforts to bring affordable, well-designed home furnishing solutions to the UK".
ITV reports 9-month revenue up 1% to GBP 2.47 billion
ITV said that ITV Studios' full-year revenues and profit will be in line with last year, while ITV will be down 5% overall. Content business ITV Studios and the online and pay segments performed well over the first three quarters.
Ikea has continued to open new stores, at Reading and Sheffield, with two more planned in Exeter and Greenwich in the coming year.
"As well as opening new stores we are enhancing our existing ones".
"We also rebuilt many of our self-serve areas by creating wider aisles so that it's a safer and more pleasant shopping experience for customers".
"We have expanded our service proposition, providing our customers with more choice and convenience".
Ikea has invested an extra £4m in its workforce over the financial year due to its new intake of employees, and the company's commitment to paying the rate of pay set by the Living Wage Foundation.
- Le taureau Tebas revient à la charge, le PSG trinque — Mercato
- Hypocritical De La Hoya calls out McGregor
- Saif Ali Khan's Special Gift For Taimur Ali Khan On Children's Day
- Didier Drogba announces the date of his retirement
- Trump Jr. a été en contact avec WikiLeaks avant l'élection américaine
- Locally assembled Jaguar F-Pace cheaper by Rs 20 lakh
- LeBron James: 'Deshaun Watson should be a Brown'
- Boston Red Sox announce death of Hall of Famer Bobby Doerr
- Why You Should Check Out The New Firefox Quantum Browser
- McLaren 720S gets Dubai-themed MSO makeover