Gillian Drakeford, Ikea's United Kingdom retail manager, said: "As we celebrate our 30th anniversary this year, we remain committed to the United Kingdom and are proud to have achieved another successful year of growth".
For the year ended 31 August, Ikea's sales in the United Kingdom rose 5.8 per cent to £1.8bn, the sixth consecutive year of sales growth for the firm.
The retailer said its share of the market had increased by 0.5%, bringing it closer to an overall target of 15% market share by 2027.
As we celebrate our 30 anniversary this year, we remain committed to the United Kingdom and are proud to have achieved another successful year of growth. In total, 57.2 million people visited IKEA stores in FY17, resulting in a sales uplift of +5.7 per cent.
"This is testament to the talent of our co-workers and our ambition to inspire customers with the best possible experience".
Gillian Drakeford, country retail manager for Ikea UK and Ireland, said: "Despite a level of economic uncertainty, our brand is even more relevant and we continue our efforts to bring affordable, well-designed home furnishing solutions to the UK".
Boston Red Sox announce death of Hall of Famer Bobby Doerr
Following his resignation, be was hired as the hitting coach for the Toronto Blue Jays from 1977 to 1981. Hall of Fame second baseman Bobby Doerr died on Monday at the age of 99, the Boston Red Sox announced .
Ikea has continued to open new stores, at Reading and Sheffield, with two more planned in Exeter and Greenwich in the coming year.
"As well as opening new stores we are enhancing our existing ones".
"We also rebuilt many of our self-serve areas by creating wider aisles so that it's a safer and more pleasant shopping experience for customers".
"We have expanded our service proposition, providing our customers with more choice and convenience".
Ikea has invested an extra £4m in its workforce over the financial year due to its new intake of employees, and the company's commitment to paying the rate of pay set by the Living Wage Foundation.
- It's not just Russian Federation , 30 countries used the internet to manipulate elections
- Didier Drogba announces the date of his retirement
- Boris Johnson apologizes for endangering jailed aid worker in Iran
- ITV reports 9-month revenue up 1% to GBP 2.47 billion
- Elle se lâche sur Emmanuel Macron — Geneviève de Fontenay
- Hypocritical De La Hoya calls out McGregor
- Trump Hopes Swift Return of UCLA Players Detained in China
- Trump Jr. a été en contact avec WikiLeaks avant l'élection américaine
- Le taureau Tebas revient à la charge, le PSG trinque — Mercato
- LeBron James: 'Deshaun Watson should be a Brown'