McGregor's manager, Paradigm Management's Audie Attar, was quizzed about the matter by MMA Fighting's Marc Raimondi and insisted Mazzulli's allegation that the Irishman has been yanked from the UFC 219 card was 'not true'.
The 44-year-old last fought in December, 2006, when he was knocked out by Manny Pacquiao in eight rounds. I'm faster than ever and stronger than ever.
"After the event, I had some executives from UFC contact me within two hours after what occurred. I'll come back for that fight", he said.
"Just one more. I'm calling him out". The first thing I wanted to do was inspect him and get Mr McGregor and his crew out of the cage so that's what we did. "Two rounds, that's all I need", he said. Much more than that though, McGregor is a personality who is hard to ignore and is admired within and without the world of UFC for his unrivalled passion, dedication and commitment. That's all I'm going to say.
When rumors started firing around previous year about the possibility of McGregor boxing, De La Hoya talked about having the UFC star fight his boxer, Canelo Alvarez.
Netanyahu signals Israel will act with free hand in Syria
Netanyahu has been urging Putin and Trump not to allow Iran and its proxy Hezbollah, a Lebanese Shiite militia, to establish permanent bases in Syria.
There's no time frame for a return right now, or whether the UFC would be interested in another co-promotion with De La Hoya's "Golden Boy Promotions". You heard it on Golden Boy Radio.
"Let's get it straight: In the cage, he would freaking destroy me". De La Hoya famously referred to the Mayweather-McGregor fight as a "farce" while making a point to say that he thought the sport of boxing may never recover from such a bout.
A match between De La Hoya and McGregor seems plausible.
The Dublin native who fairly held his own against the undefeated Mayweather could soon be heading for another massive payday if the legend that is Oscar De la Hoya has his way.
The Las Vegas megafight on August 26 between the unbeaten Mayweather and boxing novice McGregor broke box office records and captured the world's attention. In a bout that nearly surely would draw considerably less?
- Fan backlash over 'skimpy' Amazon makeover for Justice League
- Apple Once Again Became the Biggest Selling Producer of Wearables
- Pokemon GO Adds Alola Items From Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
- Ashes digest: Pat Cummins wants to emulate Mitchell Johnson
- Nul en sexe oral, une escort lui tire 2 balles dans la tête — États-Unis
- LREM en crise : 100 "frondeurs" annoncent leur départ du mouvement
- Discovering gravitational waves from big black hole crash using pulsars
- Which? Has Warned Retailers About Connected Toys Because of 'Worrying' Security
- Boston Red Sox announce death of Hall of Famer Bobby Doerr
- Et si les chagrins d'amour affaiblissaient vraiment nos cœurs?