Speculation of a take-over bid began on Tuesday after news that ZPG had made an unsolicited approach regarding a potential acquisition of the company for a consideration of 110p per share.
ZPG valued GoCompare at 110p per share, more than £400m. ZPG said it is now "considering its position".
This was unanimously and unequivocally rejected by the board of Gocompare as they believed that it "fundamentally undervalued the business and its prospects".
ZPG's offer was lower than the 110.5 pence level at which GoCompare's shares closed on October 11 and came at just a 16 percent premium to the closing price on the day before the latest proposal was received, GoCompare said.
Lightning Acquire Louis Domingue From Coyotes
McGinn, who suited up for 18 games with the Coyotes in 2014-15, last played in the National Hockey League during the 2015-16 season.
Gocompare demerged from British insurer esure Group Plc in November previous year. The company also confirmed that it was trading in line with the board's prior expectations.
Gocompare.com has snubbed a takeover bid from the owner of rival property portal Zoopla, with British insurance guru Sir Peter Wood calling the offer "highly opportunistic" and far too low.
"The board and I are extremely pleased with the transformation of the business that the management team has delivered since the demerger".
ZPG shares closed up 0.5% on Tuesday at 338.0 pence, valuing the firm at GBP1.48 billion.
- Suspect shot & killed during struggle with a Baton Rouge Police officer
- Le siège parisien perquisitionné — Lafarge
- Eve Takes 'The Talk' Co-Host Gig
- Twitter account that demonised Muslim woman was Russian fake
- HTC dévoile son premier casque VR autonome — Vive Focus
- Is gun maker liable? Court takes up Newtown shooting case
- Super Mario Bros : le créateur des Minions veut en faire un film !
- Toll in Iran-Iraq natural disaster rises to 530
- Les Spice Girls prépareraient leur retour pour 2018
- GameStop temporarily halts unlimited used games program