Speculation of a take-over bid began on Tuesday after news that ZPG had made an unsolicited approach regarding a potential acquisition of the company for a consideration of 110p per share.
ZPG valued GoCompare at 110p per share, more than £400m. ZPG said it is now "considering its position".
This was unanimously and unequivocally rejected by the board of Gocompare as they believed that it "fundamentally undervalued the business and its prospects".
ZPG's offer was lower than the 110.5 pence level at which GoCompare's shares closed on October 11 and came at just a 16 percent premium to the closing price on the day before the latest proposal was received, GoCompare said.
Eve Takes 'The Talk' Co-Host Gig
Insiders say "hundreds of names" were considered before Eve landed the full-time gig. She previously appeared as a guest co-host during the week of October 30.
Gocompare demerged from British insurer esure Group Plc in November previous year. The company also confirmed that it was trading in line with the board's prior expectations.
Gocompare.com has snubbed a takeover bid from the owner of rival property portal Zoopla, with British insurance guru Sir Peter Wood calling the offer "highly opportunistic" and far too low.
"The board and I are extremely pleased with the transformation of the business that the management team has delivered since the demerger".
ZPG shares closed up 0.5% on Tuesday at 338.0 pence, valuing the firm at GBP1.48 billion.
- Toll in Iran-Iraq natural disaster rises to 530
- HTC dévoile son premier casque VR autonome — Vive Focus
- GameStop temporarily halts unlimited used games program
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, prima apparizione su GeekBench con Exynos 9810
- Trump's Power to Launch Nuclear Weapons Under Senate Scrutiny
- Cops: Rochester mom admitted to drowning 10-day-old
- Suspect shot & killed during struggle with a Baton Rouge Police officer
- Le laboratoire Merck condamné à délivrer l'ancienne formule en Haute-Garonne — Levothyrox
- Shock as mysterious UFO 'hovers above California navy base'
- Lightning Acquire Louis Domingue From Coyotes