But according to a report from Kotaku, just days before the service's full launch on November 19th, GameStop has made a decision to "temporarily pause" the roll out of the new service. Essentially, you could use GameStop as a type of pre-owned video game library.
It's not clear why the retailer is putting PowerPass, which was in the middle of its soft launch, on hold; Kotaku reports that employees have been ordered to remove all signage about the program from stores and put it in the back rooms. Power Pass, as the company called it, allowed people to spend $60 for the ability to rent an unlimited amount of used games over a 6-month period. At the end of your 6-months, you were to be able to keep the last used game you took out. It was a decent way to incentivize going to GameStop rather than just downloading all of your games. "We feel this is the right thing to do for now to ensure we are able to provide our guests an exception service". However, by not announcing a reinstatement date for PowerPass (and by being ambiguous about why it was paused in the first place), GameStop has raised a few red flags. If you planned on looking into PowerPass as a holiday gift, start looking elsewhere.
Cardi B & Offset to Have a Red Themed Wedding
The couple began dating just earlier this year and have been quite hushed up about their relationship until much later. The ring, a handsome pear-shaped diamond, glittered against the rapper's left hand as she showed it off to the camera.
Update: Asked for comment, GameStop replied to Polygon with this statement. To sweeten the deal, they can bring home any pre-owned game for free for their troubles. Still, even in areas with poor download speeds or rampant data caps from ISPs, customers might be inclined to order new games from Amazon rather than go to a retail outlet. Whether or not the program's specifics will change as a result of the suspension remains unclear.
According to leaked documentation regarding PowerPass, the service was supposed to officially launch on November 19.
- Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE:AVY) Chairman Sells $463738.00 in Stock
- Disney : le service de streaming sera moins cher que Netflix
- Majedie Asset Management Ltd Modifies Its Position in Mosaic Company (MOS)
- Cops: Rochester mom admitted to drowning 10-day-old
- Country can demand Arun Jaitley's resignation over demonetization, GST: Yashwant Sinha
- Trump's Power to Launch Nuclear Weapons Under Senate Scrutiny
- Super Mario Bros : le créateur des Minions veut en faire un film !
- Airbnb annonce le plafonnement des locations dans le centre de Paris
- Suspect shot & killed during struggle with a Baton Rouge Police officer
- Les Spice Girls prépareraient leur retour pour 2018