Messi is on 61 goals from 110 appearances having overtaken Batigol's record during the Copa America Centenario previous year.
Messi, who started in Saturday's 1-0 global friendly against Russian Federation in Moscow, needed 110 games to leapfrog Batistuta and become Argentina's all-time top scorer and is now on 61 goals. It's not just any old thing.
The help of the Argentinean coach, Pato Bauza, and Messi's teammates were key in the return of Barcelona's player to the national team: "The coach and my teammates made everything easier for me", Messi said in an interview with a television channel.
"He'll finish with double the goals that I've scored", Batistuta said of the 30-year-old.
Apple Once Again Became the Biggest Selling Producer of Wearables
Huawei and Samsung were among top five market players with six percent and five percent, respectively. According to Canalys" figures, "other brands' accounted for a dominant 25 percent.
He might have lost his record, but Batistuta does have one thing on Messi - global accolades.
The Barcelona star missed in the penalty shootout defeat to Chile as Argentina lost a fourth major final in nine years. Now, however, Messi has regained his joy and dreams of winning the 2018 World Cup with Argentina.
Messi, a five-time Ballon d'Or victor, has frequently been compared with another Argentina legend, Diego Maradona, throughout his career but has often been criticised because the nation has not won a major title since he has led the attack.
"I am experiencing this period with the national team in a different way, I am more relaxed. Unless they're lying to me, he has signed it".
- It's not just Russian Federation , 30 countries used the internet to manipulate elections
- Pokemon GO Adds Alola Items From Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
- Ikea UK sales boom
- Rohr Disappointed Over Messi's Absence Against Nigeria
- Omar Abdullah lashes out at SAS Geelani
- Discovering gravitational waves from big black hole crash using pulsars
- Le taureau Tebas revient à la charge, le PSG trinque — Mercato
- Vidya Balan On Why Indian Culture Considers Sex Taboo
- Netflix notes "59% of Aussies are Watching Netflix in public"
- Didier Drogba announces the date of his retirement