A group of USA cable networks has launched a new subscription streaming service focused on entertainment, lifestyle and knowledge programming.
While it won't deliver viewers their football fix, Philo has programming deals and $25 million in investment from five top programming groups, including A+E Networks, AMC Networks, Discovery Communications, Scripps Networks Interactive and Viacom.
The basic Philo package comes with live and on-demand access to 37 channels, and customers can add another nine channels for an extra Dollars 4 per month.
Among the 46 total networks offered at launch, the only ones offered outside of the five cable programmers are Cheddar (a digital business network that describes itself as "post-cable"), GSN and BBC World News. New subscribers will also get a 7 day free trial.
Telangana ASI Takes Massage From Woman Home Guard, Video Goes Viral
Rachakonda Police Commissioner Mahesh Bhagwat transferred him to the commissionerate headquarters as departmental punishment. Hasan has reportedly admitted to taking a massage from the woman home guard after he returned from a bandobast duty.
Philo will not have programming from NBCUniversal, Disney, CBS, Turner or Fox, as those companies still demand a premium for the channels, in part due to their extensive sports programming.
Philo, a general entertainment, skinny-bundle service with a track record on college campuses, is launching nationally today with a TV option designed for viewers fed up with bearing the escalating cost of sports rights fees.
At launch, this new service will support web browser, Roku devices, an iOS app, and Android via Chrome. Customers can watch on up to three devices at a time.
- Boston Red Sox announce death of Hall of Famer Bobby Doerr
- La casquette connectée pour ne pas pioncer en voiture !
- Netanyahu signals Israel will act with free hand in Syria
- Which? Has Warned Retailers About Connected Toys Because of 'Worrying' Security
- Michael Bisping confirms retirement fight will occur in London
- LREM en crise : 100 "frondeurs" annoncent leur départ du mouvement
- McLaren 720S gets Dubai-themed MSO makeover
- La liste noire des spécialités à éviter — Médicaments sans ordonnance
- Apple Once Again Became the Biggest Selling Producer of Wearables
- Ashes digest: Pat Cummins wants to emulate Mitchell Johnson